Re: Vista HP cannot share printer on XP
- From: Extensa <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Sun, 27 Jul 2008 23:19:23 -0500
You may need to try this.
1. On your network, look at the computer name for the computer you wish
to connect to (Host) and click in to it. You should be able to see the
name of the printer you wish to connect. You will need these 2 names for
step number 7/8.
2. Now click on the Printers icon in the control panel.
3. Right click on a blank portion of the screen, select add printer and
a menu will pop up.
4. Choose the add local printer option.
5. Now choose 'Create New Port'.
6. Click Next.
7. Another popup screen will open. This is where you need the computer
and printer name.
8. Enter the following into the box \\computername\printername
9. Click OK
10. It will now prompt you to pick your printer firmware. Select your
11. Click Next. It will now ask to either use the installed driver, or
replace the current driver. Pick what you wish.
12. Click Next. Type in a printer name. And either select, or unselect
the 'Set as Default Printer Option.
13. It will now install the printer.
14. You have now successfully added a printer. You can now test a print
*This information has been proven to work, as this is how I set up my
printer. This should be a fairly straight forward tutorial.
NOTE: The host computer must be ON to print, along with the computer
that is sending the document. Remember the printer also must be on to
Hope this works for you,
*Acer Extensa 5620 Notebook
*Windows Vista Home Premium x64
*15.4 WXGA (1280x800*320GB Hard Disk
*Intel Core 2 Duo 5750 @ 2.0 GHz
*ATI Mobility Radeon HD 2400XT
*4GB DDR2 667 SDRAM
- Prev by Date: Re: Need help networking Vista to XP
- Next by Date: Re: Network Sync problem
- Previous by thread: Need help networking Vista to XP
- Next by thread: RE: Vista HP cannot share printer on XP