RE: How do I connect a VISTA PC to an XP PC?

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

work for XP machines!).

and Printer Sharing.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Robert Judge" wrote:

I have a new desktop running VISTA and an old desktop running XP. They share
a modem to connect to the internet.

I used the "Easy Transfer" process to copy the XP files to the VISTA PC. I
have found some shareware that claims to allow me to be able to continue to
synchronize the files between the computers. I would like to connect these
two computers, in order to do so.

How do I connect the computers?

  • RE: Help required. Networking vista and xp machines.
    ... Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing. ... In Vista Network and Sharing: ... ON (So it can see the other computers) ...
  • RE: Cannot access files on network
    ... Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing. ... In Vista Network and Sharing: ... ON (So it can see the other computers) ...
  • Re: Simple Printer Sharing/Networking Question
    ... And all 3 desktop computers are running Windows XP Pro ... We have turned on sharing for the network printers (in association with this ... caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including ...
  • Re: Multiple Linksys products and Vista
    ... Have a read of the above link re Vista File and Printer Sharing. ... In Vista Network and Sharing: ... ON (So it can see the other computers) ...
  • RE: Another Vista and xp sharing issue