Re: connection falls and getting message to reset network adaptor all the time can anyone help with this ?

Decided to uninstall 3rd party internet security to see if Windows
Update would give Vista SP 1. No luck there but did notice that now my
internet connection worked fine. I installed Windows live care internet
security and still no need to reset netrwork adapter, still fine. Didn't
like One-Care functions so uninstalled it. No choice of turning off
Live-Care defrag tune-up and use my own.
So I reinstalled 3rd party internet security and viola! Network adapter
had to be reset again after each reboot.
Is MS looking for more Dough so you will use their internet security
instead of 3rd party software. Suspect one of their latest patches to
have caused this.

--
cdunne

  • Cannot get into User Accounts in Control Panel
    ... On this computer I recently had an issue with Norton ... Internet Security where I had to uninstall it. ... of windows? ...
  • Blank windows in xp home
    ... I installed Nortons 2006 Internet Security and then had to uninstall it ... getting blank windows coming up in the following programs: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers)
  • Blank windows in xp home edition
    ... I installed Nortons 2006 Internet Security and then had to uninstall it ... getting blank windows coming up in the following programs: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cannot download files in IE6
    ... NIS 2006 personal firewall was disabled permanently and switching windows ... able to download files again. ... have a suggestion as to the best and least problematic internet security ... > Make sure that you can see hidden files (Folder Options> View) Then ...
  • Re: Automatic shut-down on Internet
    ... Buffer Overrun in RPC Interface May Allow Code Execution ... Norton Internet Security 2003 ... Windows shuts down the computer and it restarts: | When using Internet between 1-3 minutes, | I get a message that Windows will shut down in 60 seconds. ...