Re: Help - Network printer driver loading problem

You may want to remove and re-install a compatible printer driver. More troubleshooting can be found this link.
Spooler Subsystem App stopped working and was closed
http://www.chicagotech.net/Networking/printerror1.htm

"User66" <user66@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6BC20029-3972-4EA1-96AB-4FB816E8DA92@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Our XP home server and our laptop running Vista Home Premium do see each other in our home network and we can transfer files between them. As of now we never were able to load the driver at the laptop for printing at the server. The same printer can be loaded on a USB port in the laptop and it works well.

As I try the following to load a network printer - Start, Printers, Add a printer, it asks, 'Add a local printer' or 'Add a network, wireless or Bluetooth printer', I chose Add a network printer, it shows the available printers, I chose the HP LaserJet 1022, and it says connecting, but that is the end of it. The description of the error is -

"Windows cannot connect to the printer. The local print spooler service is not running. Please restart the spooler or restart the machine."

"Spooler Subsystem App stopped working and was closed"

Any idea how to fix it? How to restart the spooler? I have restarted the laptop and tried several times, but the same result. Appreciate help.

.