Re: Vista incorrectly sees "Multiple Networks" & can't connect to Inte

Oh for Noobs.

Open a command prompt. Start, type cmd.exe.
In command prompt, just type route delete 0.0.0.0, hit enter.
If it works, it says OK!.
Reboot.

To turn off IPV6, power management.
Right click Computer. Manage. Device Manager. Network Adapter. Right
click your adapter. Properties.

Unselect any wake on lan in advanced tab, and power management tab.

Go to Control Panel, Network connections, right click a Network
adapter, properties.
Unselect IPV6.
Do this for both wireless and ethernet adapters or issues can result.

--
ghayman

  • Re: Host of networking problems ...
    ... I did notice tho that the tunneling adapters are still there and not sure why. ... Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection 3: ... Connection-specific DNS Suffix. ... I have been working several hours now on my network problem and have gotten ...
  • Long delay - name resolution problem on multihomed computer
    ... I have a 2 computer SOHO network consisting of one Windows XP Home edition ... BRUCE is a multihomed machine with 2 NICs: a 3COM connected to the cable ... Bruce can't ping FRED by name. ... gateway on the Linksys adapter brings back cable connectivity. ...
  • Re: Host of networking problems ...
    ... I have been working several hours now on my network problem and have gotten ... is listed as 1394 Net Adapter and is disabled) and I have a gateway that I'm ... Connection-specific DNS Suffix. ... Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: ...
  • Host of networking problems ...
    ... I have been working several hours now on my network problem and have gotten ... is listed as 1394 Net Adapter and is disabled) and I have a gateway that I'm ... Connection-specific DNS Suffix. ... Tunnel adapter Automatic Tunneling Pseudo-Interface: ...
  • Re: ISA 2004 - Microsoft Firewall Event ID 14147
    ... Are you running any kind of PPPoE software on your server? ... Connection-specific DNS Suffix. ... Ethernet adapter 3COM NIC for BellSouth DSL: ... > with the network element to which this adapter belongs. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)