Re: File Permissions Restting on Power Down.

john_cena;664611 Wrote:
Hi Luney,

use the Net share command in Command Propmt. Also there is not reson
for u file permissions to change once u restart. so make sure you also
check you computer with a anti virus scan as well

Hope this helps

Cheers !!

--
john_cena

-Shihan Sylvester Pietersz-
-(MCP,MCSA,MCSE+Security,MCSE+Messeging-
-MCTS,MCITP)-
-Systems -::-Engineer / Consultant Trainer- ::

I did this and Net Share shows my folder being shared, and I ran 2
antivirus, but yet the permissions still get reset when the computer
shuts down. Is it possible that my Firewall is resetting these
options?

I can open up all the files on other computers, but its when I have to
Edit or add, files I cant do it unless I change permissions.

--
Luney

  • Re: NO shutdown query
    ... Sometimes due to trouble with permissions / ownership. ... will not restart or shutdown from the apple menu. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Delegation: Hide Senders email address when sending "on behalf
    ... allow up to 2 hours or restart the IS for the changes to take effect ... If you want future changes to take effect faster without ... I notice the security / permissions are all a bit of a mess. ...
    (microsoft.public.exchange.admin)
  • Re: php 5 and mysql
    ... i set the permissions for read/execute for the IUSR_ account and restarted ... | Steve Wrote: ... | Did you restart your web server? ...
    (alt.php)
  • Re: NO shutdown query
    ... Sometimes due to trouble with permissions / ownership. ... will not restart or shutdown from the apple menu. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.system)
  • Re: Zone Alarm Not Remembering "Allow" Choices! Help!
    ... down ZA manually and restart it it loses the same. ... they shutdown too quickly for ZA to save the ... |>give the permissions again, but before you shut down, close ZA ... ... | Or is there a way I can add the TEMP file to ZA manually? ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)