Re: D-Link 514

"Sebastian" <Sebastian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:457CAB08-CD32-4B95-BC6F-2A5D2FFA4637@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi, I've a new laptop with W.Vista and when I try to connect to internet
through wireless an error message appear.

I read that D-Link DI 514 isn't supported anymore in Vista.

Its possible to fix it?

To change my wireless router is my last option.

please help

Thanks

Visit -

http://www.computer-aid.com.au/blog/2008/03/06/dlink-di-514-doesnt-work-with-vista/

It says -

For DI-514 disable bridge mode using an XP machine, it will then work in vista.

I have been using cheap D-Link 524 for at least two years and had no trouble. Just use a two way software personal firewall to block incoming and outgoing, rather than a hardware router.

  • Re: D-Link 514
    ... I read that D-Link DI 514 isn't supported anymore in Vista. ... That has been a discontinued product for quite some time. ... To change my wireless router is my last option. ...
  • Vista wont install
    ... things worse by trying to uninstalling the wireless software. ... decided to do a clean install of Vista. ... Error message was ...
  • Re: Cannot connect via wireless
    ... Insert the removable media device into the XP or Vista computer you want to add to your wireless network. ... it does not seem to work either way you input the settings. ...
  • Help My Dell xps M2010 not shutting down...I left me dell pc on for 2 days now and its still hang up
    ... I'm running Vista Home Premium on a Packard Bell SW51 - I'm not a total ... I've checked task manager before I attempt to shut ... "John Barnes" wrote: ... I do not have a wireless on my Desk top PC and it is connected ...
  • RE: Word has stopped working opening on Vista
    ... I found a fix and so far everything is working. ... This worked for me with Vista ... then error message saying cannot find file. ... but the word startup problem has persisted. ...