Re: Auto mapping not working in Vista

The group policy may not apply to the Vista computer. Check the group policy result. This how to may help.
How ot check what policy settings are in the effect
A. Use Resultant Set of Policy (RSoP) or gpresult. B. You can also get a report on policy from Help and Support Center by following these steps: ....
www.howtonetworking.com/grouppolicy/checkpolicy.htm

"2sweet" <weilian15@xxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23QX8sqG2IHA.4912@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MS Vista Business Edt machine connected via my company wireless network does not have auto-map dirve in "My Comuter".

Using 'net use' command in .bat file to auto-map drive (the shared folder is not Windows 2003 svr std edt). I put the bat file in the AD group policy, startup, so when user login to the Domain. They should get the map drive in "My Computer" but it doesn't. When manually map, ok.

It works fine in machines running Windows XP Pro.

  • Fully Disable Command Prompt
    ... In an OU group policy for a group of users we have ... "Prevent access to the command prompt". ... a .bat file with say, ipconfig as the text, Windows is ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)
  • Group policy extension
    ... We are at windows 2003 DCs environrment. ... I have one member server with ... I installed KB943729 on my Vista computer. ... is it possible to disable one service through group policy? ...
  • Re: How do you all manage employee workstations? Looking for sugge
    ... 314886 Some Issues to Consider If Windows XP Users Have Roaming Profiles ... Folder Redirection is a User group policy. ... client computer will be saved in one server box. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: How do you all manage employee workstations? Looking for suggestio
    ... 314886 Some Issues to Consider If Windows XP Users Have Roaming Profiles ... Folder Redirection is a User group policy. ... client computer will be saved in one server box. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Windows Update Error on XP 64bit: update is redirected from v6
    ... Antivir *usually* does not interfere with the installation of core ... Proxycfg settings WORKED. ... Microsoft Windows 2000 Operating System Group Policy Result tool ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)