Re: D Link DSL-G604T Vista wireless connection

Do you setup the security on wireless? What's the wireless ip address? Posting the result of ipconfig/all may help.

"Chris Taylor" <chris.nopsan.j.taylor@.com.au.optus> wrote in message news:4864f1ab$0$30465$afc38c87@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hi I just got a new DSL modem D-Link DSL-G604T laptop vista SP1 HP persario C700

the modem works great on the desktop but my problem is when I use wireless. I don't think I'm talking to the modem I have tried to open firefox type in 10.1.1.1 and don't get anything open up as I do when I use cable connection on the desktop
I have got the two little computer symbles in the taskbar showing correct.
Network Connections show > wireless network connection , Unidentified network , Boardcom 802.11b/g WLAN
Signal Quality Excelant

I now nothing about networking yet but need to learn by the looks so please ask for any info you need and I will supply

thanks
Chris

  • Re: Need help setting up a wireless network btwn 2 computers via router
    ... In fact, insult away as long ... instructions on how to set up this network. ... One is "Network Setup Wizard" and the other is ... "Wireless Network Setup Wizard," will either of these two walk me ...
  • TidBITS#785/27-Jun-05
    ... Jeff Carlson continues his exploration of computerized poker ... and Adam examines both the Canary Wireless ... Rogue Amoeba's Audio Hijack Pro ... A Canary in the Network ...
    (comp.sys.mac.digest)
  • Re: Linksys NAS200 Network Storage adapter
    ... The only two wireless network settings that are of any consequence are the SSID and the encryption method and password. ... either click the "Print Network Settings" button on the final screen of the Wizard or simply access the appropriate XML file and get at them that way and then use the information to configure the router manually as I explained earlier. ... I've read thru some of the MS web site on that product and it appears to do everything a NAS will do plus other cool features, such as, with an xbox360 with the wireless adapter, I can stream my video/pics to my TV for family viewing. ...
  • Re: Wireless Connection Secure?
    ... boss's Wireless connection. ... > 1) After I finished the wireless network setup wizard, ... > and Network Key, it had a time limit on the key. ... My boss also asked about if he has ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • [NMRC Advisory] Microsoft Windows Wireless Exposure on Laptops
    ... Application: Wireless Network Connection ... This advisory documents an anomaly involving Microsoft's Wireless Network ... If a laptop connects to an ad-hoc network it can later start ... This is known as a Link-Local address, and by default Link-Local is turned on on all Windows platforms on all interfaces, including wireless interfaces. ...
    (Bugtraq)