Re: Multiple Linksys products and Vista

Mick, thanks for the settings I will check on those :)

Barb,

That is how I had it set up before, but this time they did it different. The
guy has be do a MAC clone on the wired router. Then send the line out to the
WRT54G and put it into the internet connection. He said it would work for
networking, but it's not.

I don't know (remember) how to do it the other way... in the past though I
had the line just running into the LAN port of the WRT54G

So could I take the WRT54G, turn off the DHCP and NAT and then just put the
cable into a LAN port? Or do I need to do something to the other router, PC,
etc?

I really appreciate the help with this :)

"Barb Bowman" wrote:

I think it is possible to turn the WRT54G into an access point only.
I don't have one handy, but in essence, you turn off DHCP and NAT
(these are key steps). and I believe you plug the cable in to one of
the LAN ports and not the WAN (Internet) port. Is this what the tech
had you do?

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 14:25:29 -0700, Walkman