Re: Seeing Vista PC from networked laptops

On Thu, 26 Jun 2008 07:10:01 -0700, Tonythenavigator wrote:

In Vista on PC with ethernet link to radio router, in "Network" I can see the
router, and all computers on the network (the PC and two laptops). In
"Sharing and Discovery" - "Show me all the shared network folders on this
computer" shows C: drive, G:(external) drive, printer, etc. The PC can get to
the shared folders on the laptops running on XP.
However the laptops cannot access the PC and get at the shared folders.
The Vista PC can ping both laptops but the laptops cannot ping the PC or
each other.
Any ideas gratefully received - I'm worn out!!

Please read http://winhlp.com/node/179 .

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.

  • Re: Apple Continues To Condemn The Mac To Niche Machine
    ... In the Time Machine scenario, nothing is run directly from the ... No it makes a complete backup every single day like it says. ... People will like laptops until they want something more ... Yet, despite this trend toward using computers for media tasks, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: offtopic - Critical of the Computer Industry
    ... I quit IEEE because I learned how it is run. ... There is a niche for Forth computers, for people like you and my who like to enjoy their own instead of mainstream. ... I've never found a source for laptops without an OS or even a Linux laptop that was as cheap as a laptop which included the MS tax. ... As they pulled this logic onto chips they had to include the glitches to retain compatibility. ...
    (comp.lang.forth)
  • Re: Multi-AP WiFi best practice
    ... They bought in the major management service ... My recommendation from this experience would be install a gigabit network ... I wouldn't entertain the idea of laptops anywhere!! ... I am also very strongly of the opinion that computers add very little to the ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: Can share internet cannot share files
    ... It was norton's firewall which was restricting the computers to ... I was trying to build a network between two of my PC's but I had some ... I am having two laptops and two desktop PCs. ...
  • Re: Default Browsers
    ... >>>A File Sharing network is set up on all three computers. ... The two laptops see each other but not the desktop. ... >>>uninstalling the AVG Firewall on my desktop and reconfiguring the ... >Let me refer explicitly to one of the many sections of your blog that I've ...