Re: Cannot see wireless network

I hope someone will read this, as the original post was entered more
than a year ago. I have a desktop with XP, a laptop with XP, and a
LinkSys Wireless-G router. I also have a brand new Compaq laptop w/
Vista Home Premium 64. The XP laptop connects wirelessly through the
router with no problem and has done so for more than a year.

I went through the steps to set up wireless connection using a USB, and
I cannot connect to my HOME wireless network. I spent four hours on this
last night, turning everything off and on again, rebooting, removing the
network from the Vista laptop and reinstalling, installing it manually,
calling HP and spending an hour w/ "Albert" who was absolutely useless
as he told me to repeat everything I had already done.

When I go to "Manage Wireless Networks," I can see my HOME network.
When I go to "Select a Network to Connect To," I get a couple of other
(unknown to me) networks, but NOT my HOME network. My HOME network is
not in the list of networks that I can connect to, but I can see it is
"out there" when I go to "Manage Wireless Networks."

I feel like this must be something very simple to fix, but I cannot
figure it out. If you can help me, I would appreciate it more than you
know. I don't have the time, skill or knowledge to deal with this
anymore. And it kills me to think that I may have to pay someone to do
this for me.

THANK YOU IN ADVANCE!

--
Quint

  • Re: One Users My Documents no longer redirected.
    ... even connect to the network at all because it's a PITA. ... So I would think that a wireless 54 mbps connection would be ... one laptop, and try it for a day or two to see what happens. ... active directory OU as the other users whose redirection works? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • [NMRC Advisory] Microsoft Windows Wireless Exposure on Laptops
    ... Application: Wireless Network Connection ... This advisory documents an anomaly involving Microsoft's Wireless Network ... If a laptop connects to an ad-hoc network it can later start ... This is known as a Link-Local address, and by default Link-Local is turned on on all Windows platforms on all interfaces, including wireless interfaces. ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: One Users My Documents no longer redirected.
    ... So I would think that a wireless 54 mbps connection would be good ... laptop, and try it for a day or two to see what happens. ... client PCs will log into the network without a user login. ... active directory OU as the other users whose redirection works? ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Linksys WRT54G acts like a dumb hub, no DHCP or wireless capabilities
    ... laptop and the PC would lose connection with the router. ... Well, the results are the same: I can connect to the wireless network, ... but after about 10 minutes I will lose connection with the router. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Sharing access denied -Too confused or stupid to figure out sh
    ... I could run it from laptop through network. ... USB for wireless broadband is attached to PC1 ... It is Not clear to ne your current Network topology and how the local ...