Re: No internet access

Go to start, type cmd and press enter. In the command line type ipconfig /all and press enter.

"j lunis" <jay.lunis@xxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:OVQkCj41IHA.1772@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Robert L. (MS-MVP) wrote:
Let's focus on the "unidentified" firsdt. Is this multihomed computers? Posting the result of ipconfig /all may help. Or check this search result.
Resolution of Vista Unidentified Network
The Vista Unidentified Network or Limited Connectivity could be gateway, hardware, TCP/IP configuration or security issues. ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/unidentifirdnetwork.htm

I suppose I should take this 'multihomed' literally. No, just my residence .
ipconfig? How do I do that?
ChicagoTech - thanks for the link. I'll run through it as I get time.

  • Re: ipconfig fails and networking cannot be restored
    ... Dial-up fails with error message 633 (was 720 before some ... Ping 127.0.0.1 now works but ipconfig still fails. ... deinstalled the network adaptors several times. ... >type of nic card (I bet it's wireless) ...
  • Re: Wireless Internet Connection - Not working
    ... "Host name" in the output of ipconfig /all is the name of the local host computer on which you just ran ipconfig. ... The results of your ipconfig command verify what the earlier error message said -- your laptop is not able to connect with the DHCP server in the router, and therefore is not obtaining an IP address for your local network. ... The particular wifi adapter chip you have, Realtek RTL8187, can be packaged either as a USB "dongle" or built-in to your laptop. ...
  • network problem or file sharing
    ... local area network connections -- it's for use only on a direct modem ... Windows XP Internet Connection Firewall ... Use only one protocol for File and Printer Sharing. ... I checked out everything you spoke about and all seems to be correct accept the ipconfig thing. ...
  • Re: Non-domain connection problem
    ... ipconfig /flushdns SUCCESS! ... I put the server 2003 box on the network seems to have caused these ... laptop can surf internet from home without going through SBS. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Preparing network connections, slows logon
    ... restart windows, after you go to start/run, and type CMD, then at ... that prompt type: IPCONFIG /flushDNS and then: IPCONFIG /registerDNS ... > - It is a wireless network problem, ...