No internet access

First, let me give my setup as best I can.
PC Vista Home Premium - Norton Firewall.
laptop - XP
smart phone (actually, Windows Mobile)
PDA

The router is connected to my PC. Cable modem connected to my router. I can access the internet with my PC.
Netgear XE104 connected to the router. I can plug the laptop in to any outlet and see my PC. I can surf the net on my laptop.
Netgear NAS connected to the network though an electrical outlet. The PC can see the NAS.

The problem lies with my wireless network.
It shows up on the PC as Home_wireless (I have changed the name). This network is visible on the laptop, SmartPhome, and PDA. All show signal strength as Fair to Excellent. But, none can access the net. I have read too many documents/web pages in the last 2 weeks and tried millions (OK, 'a lot') of variations. If it matters, although the laptop can see the wireless network, 'Network and Sharing Center' shows it as 'unidentified' and an 'X' between 'unidentified' and 'internet.' Laptop, PDA, Smartphone all accept the password wihout complaining. Finally, FWIW, the laptoo can find 3 networks although only 2 exist. The 3rd network shown is the old (I thought, deleted) network of several months ago.
What am I missing? I hva found many documents guiding me through network setup but very few on troubleshooting.

  • Re: OT. Wireless network problem
    ... Broadband router. ... Laptop can connect to home network with cable. ... Plugging in card produces "No network detected". ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: need help setting up network
    ... successfully via ethernet to a Linksis Wireless G router w/4 port switch. ... I've run the Network Wizzard on ... allow access by other computers on the local area network. ... were finally working when an icon for my desktop showed up on my laptop. ...
  • Re: Networking problem
    ... machine 2# HP Z8000 laptop xp media center on board lan and 802.11 windows firewall off. ... router linksys befw11s4 ... Network activity lights flash on the router on the port in use. ... I finally got it to the point that from the desktop i can ping the ip ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Renaming a wireless connection
    ... I got the laptop SSID name changed but continuing with the ... The message that a network ... the security entries in the router setup. ... came to enter the Network key so I must have typed incorrectly the ...
  • Re: Trying to setup network so I can share printer
    ... I decided after all my meddling tryng to setup networks that my best bet was ... to restore laptop to factory settings so it has a clean slate and then system ... I then thought I would run Network Diagnostics from ... I have an internet connection through Bigpond ADSL. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)