Re: Failure to dectect network hardware/driver.

Have you check the hardware is compatible with Vista? Or the Vista Upgrade Advisor may help.
Vista Troubleshooting Tools
Vista Troubleshooting Tools. Internet Connectivity Evaluation Tool http://www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=2142. Many Vista issues can be fixed ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistatools.htm

"chriswc1989" <chriswc1989@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2A6E21F0-DFBD-4B84-817D-5EF4155C4190@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Randomly, after a reboot, I'll have no connection to my network or the
internet and the network manager says that it cannot start my networking
hardware or the driver, rebooting until it is started fixes the non-starting
driver/or hardware. This started to happen with my onboard ethernet adapter,
so i went out and bought a Lynksys LNE100TX, and now it is experiencing the
same problem, so I'm assuming its a windows problem. After googling, I've
come up with nothing. So basically:

sometimes network hardware fails to start on boot, rebooting until problem
goes away seems to be only solution right now

  • Re: OT: BBC sites old computers quiz
    ... You think people weren't using the internet 25 years ago? ... What does Ethernet use at SLAC have to do with the number of people ... I was in a position to get some kind of overview of network hardware ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Reintroducing... my new PC!
    ... But hardware is only half the computer; ... four days before I got the network straightened out. ... switch futzed out, the internet went down. ... If the proxy computer was ...
    (rec.games.computer.ultima.dragons)
  • Bridging Econet and Ethernet
    ... capable of transferring (via network) files from the internet to old BBC ... What surprises me - even if this is pretty old hardware is that the ethernet ... If not - I guess it's a question of this Ant Internet Suite. ...
    (comp.sys.acorn.networking)
  • Re: Internet connection Loss
    ... Yes I'm the network admin of this location it is a standard windows ... having the disconnection issue from the internet. ... I've not swapped out hardware but seems unlikely given the previous facts. ... Internet connection will be lost completely. ...