Re: Might be a stupid question.

Mike wrote:
Alright so I have been able to easily network computers up until now. All that I wish to do is make it so that I can edit or open files on one computer, while they are saved on the other. When I click on Start, Network. All that shows is my router, and my computer that I am currently on. It does this with both computers that I am working with.
I would be ever so appreciative of anyone who would please give me a step-by-step walk through on how they have created their networks. Please try not to leave steps out, as this always confuses me, as I always try to follow steps as they are shown.
Thanks in advance.

First you need to make sure that "File and Printer" sharing is enable for the network........look at the **** LOADS **** of past messages in this newsgroup for further details on this topic.

If enabling "File and Printer" sharing doesn't rectify the situation.....look at the **** LOADS **** of past messages in this newsgroup for further details on this topic.

Or use Google Advance search, or log onto the Microsoft support website or.........god knows how many options are available these days for common information such as this.

Sorry......had to let a little steam off there.....gonna go and get myself another coffee now, have a smoke, and then blow my brains out! <grin>

  • Re: reg frag
    ... Need info on the setup of the 80 (network from single server,etc,etc,etc) ... Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. ... Do not edit the registry. ... Please Reply to the Newsgroup ...
  • Re: Non admin view open files
    ... Select Manage file server open files and click Change. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Wireless - No Network Browse - No Permissions?
    ... You might not have permissions to use this network ... I can run \\laptop1 I can access the shares and access and open files. ... Ethernet adapter Wireless Network Connection: ... I can double click Laptop1 and access shares and files ...
  • Re: Frozen Pragram; need to Save before restart... HOW?
    ... It might help if you told us what app did this to you...maybe someone ... Were you trying to save over a network share, ... saving open files is the responsibility of the frozen ... AFAIK all that Windows does is close open files that AREN'T part ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: File Open Dialog Freezes Powerpoint
    ... Are you connected to a network? ... Author of Kathy Jacobs on PowerPoint - Available now from Holy Macro! ... "Program Not Responding" when the folder opens. ... I can open files by double-clicking them just fine. ...
    (microsoft.public.powerpoint)