RE: Might be a stupid question.

sharing is enabled in THEIR firewall .(LAN allowed)

the SAME.

In Vista Network and Sharing:

File Sharing: ON

Docs)

Password Protected: OFF (unless you want to set up identical usernames, and
passwords (they can be different) on ALL computers in your Network). If you
have it ON, you will be asked for a username and password when you try to
access a Vista computer from an XP computer, or a Vista Computer.

Also, If you haven’t done so already, run XP’s Network Setup Wizard (in
Start >All Programs >Accessories >Communications), and tell the Wizard to
enable File and Printer Sharing.
Or > Start > Control Panel > Network Connections > Set up a Home or Small
Office Network.

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Mike" wrote:

Alright so I have been able to easily network computers up until now. All
that I wish to do is make it so that I can edit or open files on one
computer, while they are saved on the other.
When I click on Start, Network. All that shows is my router, and my computer
that I am currently on. It does this with both computers that I am working
with.
I would be ever so appreciative of anyone who would please give me a
step-by-step walk through on how they have created their networks. Please try
not to leave steps out, as this always confuses me, as I always try to follow
steps as they are shown.
Thanks in advance.
.