Re: Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Not Available?
- From: john_cena <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Thu, 22 May 2008 06:16:25 -0500
you wont be able to browse computers if your DNS Settings are not given
to the Domains DNS server. the reson for this if there is no DNS server
spcified the Vista computer doesnt know where to check for other
computer names that it does not recognize. For example if you want to
access a computer called DEN-DC1.contoso.msft. first your vista computer
will try to find in its own resolver cache to see if there are any dns
records for DEN-DC1.contoso.msft if it cannot it will try your dns
server. For this u need to spcifiy a DNS Server. Also on your vista
computer make sure Netbios is enabled.
Do the following
Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows Vista
This article explains how to enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP.
To enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on Windows Vista:
Click Start, and then click Network. (Or you can click Start, type
ncpa.cpl into the search box, and press ENTER).
Click on the Network and Sharing Center, and then click Manage Network
Right click on the Local Area Connection or the connection you are
Select the Internet Protocol version 4 (TCP/IPv4)
Click the Advanced button under the General tab.
Click the WINS tab.
Click the Enable NetBIOS Over TCP/IP button.
Hope this helps
-Shihan Sylvester Pietersz-
-Systems -::-Engineer / Consultant Trainer- ::
- Prev by Date: Re: Media Center Extender Help (XBox 360 & Vista Home Premium)
- Next by Date: Re: Changng files on network shared flders
- Previous by thread: Re: Wireless Options Gone
- Next by thread: Re: Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Not Available?