Re: Active Directory Domain Services Is Currently Not Available?

hi momentarylapseofreason,

If your not running a Domain that means all of your computers connect
to a router is it. Are you getting a IP address from the Router. (DHCP)
can you access the internet. If your getting a IP addres from the
router. then you would be getting the dns settings as well. the problem
is with your netbios make sure its turend on.

Hope this Helps
Cheers !

--
john_cena

-Shihan Sylvester Pietersz-
-(MCP,MCSA,MCSE+Security,MCSE+Messeging-
-MCTS,MCITP)-
-Systems -::-Engineer / Consultant Trainer- ::

  • Re: XP Pro Printer Sharing
    ... You give no information at all concerning how your computers are connected, what you have attempted to do, or what error messages you have received. ... Below is information about setting up a router and also doing networking. ... Setting up a router and Local Area Network sharing between two computers takes approximately 15 minutes. ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall; or 2) inadvertently running two firewalls such as the built-in Windows Firewall and a third-party firewall; and/or 3) not having identical user accounts and passwords on all Workgroup machines; 4) trying to create shares where the operating system does not permit it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Re: cannot save or run downloaded files
    ... My router periodically loses it's mind also. ... They recently rearranged furniture, including the computers. ... He swapped out their cable modem but said nothing was wrong ... I'm currently connected and I try to download a file. ...
  • Re: Two computers on one DSL line
    ... > to keep the DSL signal from getting into the telephone. ... > It is called a DSL Filter Z-330 TJA Z-Blocker ... you can use multiple computers. ... You need a Router hooked to the DSL modem, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.comm)
  • Re: Cannot see Workgroup PCs through new router
    ... We know now it's not the router at fault. ... On W2k, try "Search" - for files etc., then computers. ... networks in terms of getting PCs to access each other by ... I seem to have been very lucky: both my own network (two XP ...
    (uk.telecom.broadband)
  • Re: No files showing
    ... On the wireless I can pick up the network, get on the internet but I can't ... Let's start by looking at "ipconfig /all" from both computers. ... The router is a Dlink 524, ...