Re: WLAN AutoConfig Service failed to start

I had the exact same error (Error code 3 - path not found - The system
cannot find the path specified.). By using process monitor, I found
that it was looking for a folder C:\Windows\L2Schemas\.

This did not exist on my install. By creating this folder (with the
correct access rights) and then getting the files that are required
(WLAN_profile_v1.xsd etc - these are the Zero config Wireless lan
config files ) from another install fixed the problem.

I found if the content of these files is corrupted, then the service
starts to fail with all sorts of errors e.g. 2147500037, 2148270086 -
depending on the actual file contents - i.e valid XML etc. The order of
the content is also important according to the microsoft technet
documentation.

--
mylespInNZ
mylespInNZ's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50155