Re: WLAN AutoConfig Service failed to start

I had the exact same error (Error code 3 - path not found - The system
cannot find the path specified.). By using process monitor, I found
that it was looking for a folder C:\Windows\L2Schemas\.

This did not exist on my install. By creating this folder (with the
correct access rights) and then getting the files that are required
(WLAN_profile_v1.xsd etc - these are the Zero config Wireless lan
config files ) from another install fixed the problem.

I found if the content of these files is corrupted, then the service
starts to fail with all sorts of errors e.g. 2147500037, 2148270086 -
depending on the actual file contents - i.e valid XML etc. The order of
the content is also important according to the microsoft technet
documentation.

--
mylespInNZ
mylespInNZ's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50155

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: MacSpeech Dictate Amazon reviews - comments?
    ... license is to the hardware and not to the user. ... install software on a desktop and a laptop. ... Redmond cease to support XP in an effort to force me to spend money on ... You will find this folder inside your document folder. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: msoe.dll
    ... I don't think he wants to install IE5, and that wouldn't fix his OE message store in WinXP SP1. ... Double-click to expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, ... On the Windows Setup tab, click to select the Microsoft Outlook Express ... Antivirus software invades the Outlook Express program to try and intercept ...
  • Re: install oem version of XP Mediacenter 2005
    ... Settings without a huge can of worms. ... The warning about moving a special folder is there every time you move one ... except for the Media Center parts. ... I can't believe M$ forces you to install things ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Vista - User Directory
    ... service "owns" the data and the clients just use/update it. ... even create a shared folder, who you wish to allow to share it, etc., etc.) Alternatively, ... So the user-specific settings remain (simple things like what printer to use, ... we install and run fine on Vista/7. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • RE: unable to install anything on Server 2003 SBS SP2 (windows ins
    ... corrupted temp files in Temp folders for MSI installation. ... clean Temp folder on SBS. ... Try to install the application again. ... Microsoft CSS Online Newsgroup Support ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)