Re: WLAN AutoConfig Service failed to start

I had the exact same error (Error code 3 - path not found - The system
cannot find the path specified.). By using process monitor, I found
that it was looking for a folder C:\Windows\L2Schemas\.

This did not exist on my install. By creating this folder (with the
correct access rights) and then getting the files that are required
(WLAN_profile_v1.xsd etc - these are the Zero config Wireless lan
config files ) from another install fixed the problem.

I found if the content of these files is corrupted, then the service
starts to fail with all sorts of errors e.g. 2147500037, 2148270086 -
depending on the actual file contents - i.e valid XML etc. The order of
the content is also important according to the microsoft technet
documentation.

--
mylespInNZ
mylespInNZ's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=50155

http://forums.techarena.in

  • Re: MacSpeech Dictate Amazon reviews - comments?
    ... license is to the hardware and not to the user. ... install software on a desktop and a laptop. ... Redmond cease to support XP in an effort to force me to spend money on ... You will find this folder inside your document folder. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.apps)
  • Re: msoe.dll
    ... I don't think he wants to install IE5, and that wouldn't fix his OE message store in WinXP SP1. ... Double-click to expand the HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE folder, ... On the Windows Setup tab, click to select the Microsoft Outlook Express ... Antivirus software invades the Outlook Express program to try and intercept ...
  • Re: install oem version of XP Mediacenter 2005
    ... Settings without a huge can of worms. ... The warning about moving a special folder is there every time you move one ... except for the Media Center parts. ... I can't believe M$ forces you to install things ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.mediacenter)
  • Re: Vista - User Directory
    ... service "owns" the data and the clients just use/update it. ... even create a shared folder, who you wish to allow to share it, etc., etc.) Alternatively, ... So the user-specific settings remain (simple things like what printer to use, ... we install and run fine on Vista/7. ...
    (microsoft.public.vc.mfc)
  • Re: SBS folder problem
    ... I don't think I'd be comfortable using an install CD from another OS just to fix partitions. ... #1 deleting the partition, the next partition became the primary boot partition, when recreating a new one it never became C: ... Only the all users folder is affected the othe folders have been removed. ... Once you've taken ownership then you can reset permissions properly. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)