Re: no domain entry in system properties

Hi Jconline,

You said you have windows vista Home premium, am sorry but this doesnt
support to connect to a domain. that why you dont get the option. If you
want domain support get the Business Edition or Ultimate edition. about
file sharing you need to enable File sharing. Click start, select
network, then click Network & sharing cetner. on that click fine sharing
and enable it( Turn it on) this should solve your file sharing problem.

Hope this helps

Cheers !!

--
john_cena

-Shihan Sylvester Pietersz-
-(MCP,MCSA,MCSE+Security,MCSE+Messeging-
-MCTS,MCITP)-
-Systems -::-Engineer / Consultant Trainer- ::

  • Interesting problem
    ... I created a component from my Tap file and added the prototype component to ... If I turn on Floppy Drive and Print support it works fine. ... WinLogon, Custom Shell, TCP/IP with File Sharing, Remote Desktop, USB Mass ... desktop issues (No user accounts). ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.embedded)
  • Re: 10.4.11 or 10.5.8 for a PB G4 ?
    ... As long as you have plenty of RAM, 10.5 will probably be a little faster ... support, better control over File Sharing, Preview is substantially ... The main lost feature for a PowerPC user is Classic support. ... also dropped AppleTalk file sharing support, ...
    (uk.comp.sys.mac)
  • Re: networking using a hub
    ... Since internet is working don't do anything about that. ... A good place to start is Help and Support off the Start menu on your pc. ... Look up file sharing and home network. ... And file sharing techniques, after you get everything else working. ...
  • Re: Sharing files
    ... Open XP's "Help and Support Center". ... In the Search box type: FILE SHARING, and hit enter. ... Click on the tutorial titled: "Sharing files and folders overview". ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • RE: Remote Access
    ... sure how it works if there is a mixture of OSon a workgrouup network. ... there is a Home OS on a Workgroup, that Simple File Sharing has to be used as ... the face of shares and resources on stand alone workstantions. ... privleges the Guest Account provides, ...