Re: SP1 Blue Screen related to SSTP/VPN?

In some cases, after installing a SP or upgarde, you need to upgrade hardware driver. Or troubleshooting collections may help.
Troubleshooting Vista Blue Screen and Stop Errors
Fixed Vista Blue Screen by installing BIOS on Dell computer · Vista blue screen because of Catalyst 7.3 drivers · Vista blue screen because of NVDIA driver ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistabluescreen.htm

Troubleshooting Vista Blue Screen and Stop Errors
Fixed Vista Blue Screen by installing BIOS on Dell computer · Vista blue screen because of Catalyst 7.3 drivers · Vista blue screen because of NVDIA driver ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistabluescreen.htm

"Per Salmi" <PerSalmi@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:DCDA7B67-837B-4DFF-AA1C-FC7D535A52B9@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have been running Vista x64 with SP1 installed since it was released and
last week I suddenly got a blue screen problem.

The blue screen says SYSTEM_SERVICE_EXCEPTION and reports error code 3B.
I have been able to track it down to soem problem with RASSSTP.SYS and the
crash occurs when the Secure Socket Tunneling Protocol Service is started
about 10-30 seconds after I logon and the desktop appears.

I have temporarily been able to get the computer into a working state by
disabling this service but the RAS Services doesn't run and I need them for
VPN connectivity.

The problem first occured last week after a reboot. I don't know if the
problem is related to some update that was installed at that point but I know
of only two pieces of software that I installed last week: New NVidia drivers
for Latutude D630 and the new Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 SP1. I have tried
uninstalling both of them but the problem is still there.

The device manager shows a set of WAN Miniport network adapters with
problems loading their driver, I assume this is caused by the disabled
services.

Anyone got tips on how to resolve this? I was looking to do some repair
installation or similar but the system restore points on my machine seems to
be broken also.

  • Re: Windows CD cant find my hard drives.
    ... Two of them are in a RAID 0 array. ... To quit setup without installing Windows XP, ... driver floppy, it offered a selection of drivers for the RAID. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Explorer slow to find drives after Cameras installed
    ... Knowing that svchost.exe was the bug, as WIA is started from this, I seached ... This post hinted at a conflict or driver error of a device. ... After installing this ... The registry has been restored to its previous state before cleaning ...
  • Re: No Sound on IBM ThinkPad T42
    ... The Control Panel for "Sounds and Audio Devices" shows no playback ... "Sound, video and game controllers": ... I figured that all I need to do is re-install my sound card driver. ... I'm not the only person having problems installing SoundMAX ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: No Sound on IBM ThinkPad T42
    ... Sound was working fine for the last year until a Windows ... The Control Panel for "Sounds and Audio Devices" shows no playback devices ... I figured that all I need to do is re-install my sound card driver. ... I'm not the only person having problems installing SoundMAX ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • RE: Webcam installation problem
    ... I did what you advised me to do apart from installing the driver that is not ... available (the link you provided is not the producer of the camera). ... My laptop was bought in Italy while I bought the camera in the UK but I ...