Re: Wireless connects even if wired connection is available

Many wireless laptops have turn on/off switch. Do you have that?

"Bill" <Bill@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:2437017A-87C8-453F-BEFC-E935CB19E553@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I am running Vista SP1. When I turn on the computer with an ethernet cable
attached and a wireless connection available, Vista will connect both the
wired and wireless connections. This leads to a conflict and networking will
not work until I turn off one of the connections. I then need to manually
turn off the wireless, at which point the wired connections works. This did
not happen on this computer when I ran XP.

I thought this might just be an idiosyncricy of this computer since I have
not seen any discussion about the problem but I got ths same thing happening
when trying to troubleshoot another laptop.

Can anyone off me a suggestion as to what may be happening and how to
correct it?

TIA

Bill

  • Re: Automatic wireless network configuration
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... Suddenly my wireless adaptor canno "see" any wireless router, ...
  • Re: Q about VLANs and IAS
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... We have 3 level wireless: wireless LAN for the employees using VLAN ...
  • Wireless networking autostart problem
    ... On a machine running XP Pro with a USB wireless networking adaptor, ... wireless connection sometimes shows as "unavailable" at machine startup; ... I asked about this in the networking topic, ...
  • Re: Vista Home Premium Cannot Connect To Network
    ... You may want to re-create the wireless connection. ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... All of a sudden I cannot connect to my wireless router from my PC w/ ...
  • Re: Compaq presario C700 stopped accessing internet
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How do I know what channel the wireless is using I think I had to play with that first to get it working it now uses channel 6 on the D-link DSL-G604TMODEM/ROUTER. ... I have very little knowledge of networking please start simple for me. ...