Re: VPN connection dropping

Hi folks,

Has anyone of you been able to fix this?

I have quit the same issue.
I work on my Vista Business laptop using a VPN to an SBS2003.
Works ok for all day. No issue's what so ever.

However if I shut down my laptop (or only the VPN) at the end of the
day it just hangs on 'closing connection'.
Once I let it stay there for an hour, no results.

I noticed when I first choose to logoff and then shut down the laptop
it works ok.

Any suggestion?
Arno

--
ObieOne
ObieOne's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=34210

http://forums.techarena.in

  • RE: Strange VPN Porblem
    ... I understand that one laptop can not access ... Please disable the XP firewall, and ensure there is no connection limit ... Please manually create a VPN connection via the following KB and then ... Try to access share folder via IP address (i.e. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: I quit.
    ... getting an order in on his laptop system. ... from home, I tell him to connect to VPN, I connect to VPN and remote ... With the Mac, I would ... pedals, even after trying clipless pedals, he doesn't like the feeling ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: need to allow a VPN connection from inside SBS environment
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... domain to VPN to a remote office. ... You mentioned "laptop uses fiberlink and nortel software to create the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: I quit.
    ... getting an order in on his laptop system. ... With my Windows computer, ... from home, I tell him to connect to VPN, I connect to VPN and remote ... With the Mac, I would ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Improving Mobile Experience
    ... password prompts over VPN, and enables me to keep home and work functions ... As an upgrade from this scenario, you could configure Outlook to synchronize ... should be able to set up offline and synchronize your mailbox over VPN. ... The perfect situation may be to make the laptop a member of the SBS domain. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)