Re: VPN connection dropping

Hi folks,

Has anyone of you been able to fix this?

I have quit the same issue.
I work on my Vista Business laptop using a VPN to an SBS2003.
Works ok for all day. No issue's what so ever.

However if I shut down my laptop (or only the VPN) at the end of the
day it just hangs on 'closing connection'.
Once I let it stay there for an hour, no results.

I noticed when I first choose to logoff and then shut down the laptop
it works ok.

Any suggestion?
Arno

--
ObieOne
ObieOne's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/member.php?userid=34210

http://forums.techarena.in

  • RE: Strange VPN Porblem
    ... I understand that one laptop can not access ... Please disable the XP firewall, and ensure there is no connection limit ... Please manually create a VPN connection via the following KB and then ... Try to access share folder via IP address (i.e. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: I quit.
    ... getting an order in on his laptop system. ... from home, I tell him to connect to VPN, I connect to VPN and remote ... With the Mac, I would ... pedals, even after trying clipless pedals, he doesn't like the feeling ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: need to allow a VPN connection from inside SBS environment
    ... Thank you for posting to the SBS Newsgroup. ... domain to VPN to a remote office. ... You mentioned "laptop uses fiberlink and nortel software to create the ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: I quit.
    ... getting an order in on his laptop system. ... With my Windows computer, ... from home, I tell him to connect to VPN, I connect to VPN and remote ... With the Mac, I would ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Complete VPN Fundamentals and VPN Router RV042
    ... VPN over NAT. ... to the VPN router seems in their view hopeless. ... >> a server in another house and the situation looks like ... >> Laptop has XP Professional ...