Re: Impossible to save a user in Windows Vista Home

The group policy doesn't work with Vista Home. Do you use blank password? It is not recommended and you will have more issues. This post may help too.
Why do I need password
Vista Password IssuesVista password protection on after rebooting · Why do I >> need password · Post your questions, comments, feedbacks and suggestions. ...
www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=686

"Javier" <Javier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6D5FF86E-22BF-43A8-8559-16ED935507BE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your web, you write next:

2. It is not recommended to use blank password. If you do, assign a
password. Otherwise, disable Limit local account use of blank passwords to
console login only. To that, Run gpedit.msc
Go to Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local
Policies / Security ...

But when I try to access the gpedit.msc in Windows Vista Home Premiun, this
utility not work or is not with this Vista version.

Best regards,

Javier Valverde S.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

You may try to create the same username on the Vista home on other
computers. Or this search result may help.
Vista Password Issues
Vista Security and Password Issues. Access other Vista without asking
password · Can’t enable/disable Vista Password Protected Sharing ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapassword.htm

>I have the following environment:
>
> 2 PC with Windows Vista Business, 1 2003 Server and 1 Laptop with > Windows
> Vista Home Premiun. In Windows Home Premiun I try to enter to any of > the
> other and password asks me, I am given it and I tell him to keep the
> password. If I close the session or I put out it, again asks me the
> credentials.
>
> In User Accounts I try to add a user and a new password and in type of
> alone
> document appears myself activated the second option. ..One credential > of
> website or programs and not the first one that is the one that > interests
> me.
>
> How do I be able access the other PC without me ask the user password > and
> save that user correctly?.
>
> Cordial greetings,
>
> Javier Valverde S.

  • Re: Retrofitting XP on Dell
    ... Vista Home Premium. ... He would like to have Windows XP Pro or Home. ... As long as the version of Vista installed matches the version of XP in terms of level, by which I mean Vista Home to XP Home or Vista Ultimate/Business to XP Pro, I understand that you can downgrade to the equivalent version of XP. ... This can be achieved by formatting the laptop's hard drive and installing XP using an already used OEM copy of Windows XP with an OEM Windows XP installation CD. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Thoughts on Vista acquisition
    ... Vista, XP and 98SE (to include all the stuff that won't work under XP ... I do have a Windows 98SE laptop here, but everything I want to use does ... Unfortunately there are plenty of applications that won't work ... Vista Home Premium upgrade is $159. ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: fax/scan for Vista Home Premium
    ... Windows Vista Home Premium was installed. ... They are monitizing functionality. ... not installed and do I want to install it. ...
  • Re: Thoughts on Vista acquisition
    ... Vista, XP and 98SE (to include all the stuff that won't work under XP ... I do have a Windows 98SE laptop here, but everything I want to use does work under Windows 2000/XP anyway. ... Vista Home Premium upgrade is $159. ... good that I bought the introductory bundles at Best Buy, Staples, ...
    (comp.sys.laptops)
  • Re: Vista FAX Software?
    ... The Fax application is only available in Windows Vista Business, ... There is no 'build in' fax capability in Vista Home or Premium. ... If you have Home or Premium then you need a third party fax application. ...