Re: Impossible to save a user in Windows Vista Home

The group policy doesn't work with Vista Home. Do you use blank password? It is not recommended and you will have more issues. This post may help too.
Why do I need password
Vista Password IssuesVista password protection on after rebooting · Why do I >> need password · Post your questions, comments, feedbacks and suggestions. ...
www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=686

"Javier" <Javier@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:6D5FF86E-22BF-43A8-8559-16ED935507BE@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In your web, you write next:

2. It is not recommended to use blank password. If you do, assign a
password. Otherwise, disable Limit local account use of blank passwords to
console login only. To that, Run gpedit.msc
Go to Computer Configuration / Windows Settings / Security Settings / Local
Policies / Security ...

But when I try to access the gpedit.msc in Windows Vista Home Premiun, this
utility not work or is not with this Vista version.

Best regards,

Javier Valverde S.

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

You may try to create the same username on the Vista home on other
computers. Or this search result may help.
Vista Password Issues
Vista Security and Password Issues. Access other Vista without asking
password · Can’t enable/disable Vista Password Protected Sharing ...
www.chicagotech.net/vista/vistapassword.htm

.