Re: Vista cannot connect to 2003 server

Yes, i've checked that so many times i thought i was crazy.

"Hacksaw1340" <guest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message

Yes.. DNS if you can't ping by FQDN. Does the vista machine have
(using) the same DNS ip's as the XP box's?

--
Hacksaw1340

  • Re: Page cannot be found
    ... I have been trying to help someone with a similar problem, ping of yahoo ... line "Internet Explorer Q824145 size 1.23mb used occasionally last used ... > winsock getting corrupted by installation of software can be other ... > IP address automatically", click on the DNS tab, disable DNS here, click ...
  • Re: USR5637 USB modem setup (2)
    ... Good - not having those in that file breaks DNS for you. ... Avahi program. ... ping -nc2 152.46.7.80 ... Now, if this works, your setup is fine, and it's the browser that's ...
    (comp.os.linux.networking)
  • Re: Win2K server and XP pro w/ SP2
    ... >>From the server, nslookup says "cannot find server name for address 192.168.1. ... nslookup yields the IP address of the DC and lists the DNS ... ping the problem workstation FQDN from DNS server. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: Problem establishing 2 way trust on Windows 2003 Domain Contro
    ... > Domain B from Domain A. I can only ping the netbios name of the DC on ... DNS resoluton is not happening. ... other domain using it's fqdn. ... >I installed WINS on both DCs and am able to do netbios resolution. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.networking)
  • Re: All System Collections Not Updating
    ... No we cannot ping by FQDN. ... >> We are using DNS and WINS, but we are facing some issues with our DNS ... >> Checking configuration information for server: ...
    (microsoft.public.sms.admin)