Re: The Frustrations of Networks

NetRider wrote:

If it is not obvious by now... We must all realize that Microsoft has it's
own direction. We are pretty much not in control of our own computers, nor
will we be ever. The issues I have seen, and what you all are seeing is
the results of many things. All of which I will not be able to address.

(snip rant)

This is just silly. First of all, there is no requirement that a person
needs to know anything about the highly technical area of computers except
the basics of how to use them and how to stay safe while using them. I
don't know why you think you should automatically know this stuff when you
wouldn't hesitate to call a plumber, take your car to the mechanic, have an
electrician out to your house, go to a doctor for a health problem, etc.
This isn't any different.

Computers are extremely complex and powerful machines. Your expectations are
unrealistic and have nothing to do with Microsoft. I'd like to see you try
and set up a Linux network. You wouldn't be able to blame Microsoft for
your inability to do that, of course.

If you need help setting up your network, get help instead of whinging about
it here. Someone who knows how to set up a network can do it in a very few
minutes.

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!

  • Re: The Hard Problem for Behaviorists
    ... correct low level abstractions to define the operation of the brain with - ... Do you not know how computers work? ... you can think of this type of network like you ... when you drop a marble in hole X1, ...
    (sci.cognitive)
  • Re: Networks : Workgroups and Domains. How Do I Use Them?
    ... I think the problem is from my lack of understanding whether these machines are together as a workgroup or domain. ... If I want to configure solely for a workgroup network, then I would think I do not need to provide a domain name, and vice versa for a domain network. ... It's not clear whether any of your computers is running Windows 2000 *Server.* If not, you don't have a "domain" and shouldn't be using domain names. ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall; or 2) inadvertently running two firewalls such as the built-in Windows Firewall and a third-party firewall; and/or 3) not having identical user accounts and passwords on all Workgroup machines; 4) trying to create shares where the operating system does not permit it. ...
  • Re: {workgroup}"...is not accessible" after removing NWLINK
    ... I generally reboot the machine whenever I make network ... >problem is a browse service that won?t run on the XP machine using the TCP/IP ... >?The browser has forced an election on network ... >> computer, and one, or preferably two, of the Windows 98 computers. ...
  • RE: Help with 070-217
    ... The network contains 25,000 computers. ... > single Windows 2000 domain named research.contoso.com. ... > Server computers that are configured as domain controllers. ...
    (microsoft.public.cert.exam.mcse)
  • Re: sharing files
    ... I have a problem getting a network to work. ... I have ipconfig and browstat info for both computers. ... Master browser name is: DESK-HOME ... There are 2 servers in domain MSHOME on transport ...