Re: tracing the route (with tracert) does not work any more with V

If disabling Zone-Alarm, does the VPN work?

"Paul (Bornival)" <PaulBornival@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E72FC165-ABCA-4E20-B3A1-C1E7E64C7933@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Just to let you know: I have installed SP1 and tracert works normally again.
It was obviously an incompatibility between Zone-Alarm and Vista which has
been corrected in SP1.

So far so good...

However, I have now another problem, which is that after installation of
SP1, I can no longer access my VPN server with the Microsoft client. It
seems that this is a new incompatibility between ZneAlarm and Vista that will
also require correction by Microsoft (I see several posts about that and have
my-self put a question on this forum).

Regards

Thank you for the update. Please post back with the result.

> Dear Robert,
>
> Thank you for your prompt answer.
> Reading what in the link you provided and then the ZoneAlarm forum, I
> guess
> this is indeed a problem of ZA ! As I mentionned, tracert worked fine > for
> while and then stopped giving more than the final target. This may > have
> coincided with my installation of ZA. What I find strange is that
> shutting
> down ZA or even unchecking "load at start up" (so that it does not load
> whenrebooting) does not correct the situation. I read that > unintsalling
> ZA
> will. However, this is not practical.
>
> I'll see with ZA and post if I have a solution.
>
> Kind regards.
>
> Paul
>

> "Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:
>
>> We had post before similar this one. It is a security software. This >> post
>> may give you more details.
>>
>> Vista tracert returns only one lineVista tracert returns only a single
>> line-- (Vista Home Premium on a June 07 store purchased ... Any >> tracert I
>> enter produces only one line of results. ...
>>
>> www.chicagotech.net/netforums/viewtopic.php?t=2723&sid=878fdec87d587d9cd657381fb487f5ce
>>

>> -- >> Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
>> http://www.ChicagoTech.net
>> http://www.HowToNetworking.com
>>

>> "Paul (Bornival)" <PaulBornival@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
>> message
>> >I have a strange phenomenon with VISTA (which was not present when I
>> > installed but which I now have sicne several weeks) which is that
>> > tracing
>> > the
>> > route does not work anymore.
>> >
>> > - if I use "tracert" from a DOS command, all I see is the answer >> > from
>> > the
>> > target computer, not the route...
>> > - same thing if I do a "ping -r 9 target", which with XP would give >> > me
>> > route
>> > up to 9 hops... I get the reply from the target computer but not the
>> > route...
>> > - samething if using a 3d party program that does route tracing (but >> > I
>> > guess
>> > it is simply a GUI interface that uses tracert ...
>> >
>> > This is a bit annoying because I use tracert quite often when
>> > travelling
>> > check the network I'm in and see whther the route is OK (I also use >> > it
>> > check that the VPN client connects me truly straight my VPN server >> > and
>> > from
>> > there to my internal network).
>> >
>> > I checked whether the file tracert.exe was stil tne genuine one and >> > it
>> > seems
>> > so (it is version 6.0.6000.16389 of 02/11/2006 and makes 12 KB). >> > Since
>> > the
>> > problem occurs also with ping, is there a common library file that I
>> > should
>> > ckeck ?

  • Re: cups relaying remote broadcasts to a local subnet (SOLVED)
    ... This sounds like an application that could use a vpn (virtual private ... network) over the internet. ... port 9100 it only has to be set up on the gateway machine. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Using a Linksys router, should I also use Zonealarm?
    ... public internet to access corporate network. ... In the "old days" when people used to use Dial-In instead of VPN you ware ... protected by corporate Firewall -- since there was no public Internet ...
    (microsoft.public.security)
  • Re: cups relaying remote broadcasts to a local subnet
    ... This sounds like an application that could use a vpn (virtual private ... network) over the internet. ... The 10.x.x.x series of IP addresses is set aside as private address space. ...
    (Fedora)
  • Re: Http access across a site 2 site VPN
    ... Troubleshooting Client Authentication on Access Rules in ISA Server 2004 ... Microsoft Internet Security & Acceleration Server: ... access rule that represents access to the vpn between the sites. ... corresponding network rules and access rules, and I went ahead and created ...
    (microsoft.public.isa)
  • Re: tracing the route (with tracert) does not work any more with V
    ... loose either my firewall or the adavtages of SP1. ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... Vista tracert returns only one lineVista tracert returns only a single ...