Re: Router does not show as part of network

On Sat, 21 Jun 2008 13:31:10 -0700, carl43m
<carl43m@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

I have had a new vista desktop for about 6 weeks. It is hooked directly
into a Linksys router which in turn hooked to my DSL modem. I also have a
laptop on the network connected wirelessly. For the first few weeks,
whenever I clicl on network I see three icons--one for the desktop, one for
the laptop and one for the router. Acouple of weeks ago I noticed that now
there is only an icon for the desktop and for the laptop. I have rebooted
several times and then run the network utility but the router ceases to show
up. The router works as both pc's have internet access and both pc's share
files ok. Anyone know what might be the issue? Thanks.
Carl

Make sure that:

1. Your router's UPnP (Universal Plug and Play) capability is enabled.

2. Your computer's Network Discovery capability is enabled in Control
Panel > Network and Sharing Center.
--
Best Wishes,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

  • Re: OT. Wireless network problem
    ... Broadband router. ... Laptop can connect to home network with cable. ... Plugging in card produces "No network detected". ...
    (uk.religion.christian)
  • Re: need help setting up network
    ... successfully via ethernet to a Linksis Wireless G router w/4 port switch. ... I've run the Network Wizzard on ... were finally working when an icon for my desktop showed up on my laptop. ... Contact administrator of this server to find out if you have ...
  • Re: need help setting up network
    ... successfully via ethernet to a Linksis Wireless G router w/4 port switch. ... I've run the Network Wizzard on ... allow access by other computers on the local area network. ... were finally working when an icon for my desktop showed up on my laptop. ...
  • Re: Networking problem
    ... machine 2# HP Z8000 laptop xp media center on board lan and 802.11 windows firewall off. ... router linksys befw11s4 ... Network activity lights flash on the router on the port in use. ... I finally got it to the point that from the desktop i can ping the ip ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Renaming a wireless connection
    ... I got the laptop SSID name changed but continuing with the ... The message that a network ... the security entries in the router setup. ... came to enter the Network key so I must have typed incorrectly the ...