Re: Vista crashing the entire network?

What router are you using.
I have setup several Vista machines (from HP), with Linksys routers (G), and have not had any trouble.

"UltimateFrisbee" <UltimateFrisbee@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:90C9F578-E82D-4AB1-81B3-64EC855AE8A1@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have a local network with 4 Vista boxes and one XP box, and despite all of
our efforts the internet crashes frequently and the router needs to be reset.
The XP machine says that it is still connected during these times, but there
is no data transfer.

I am absolutely positive that this is an operating system-related issue
because not only have we swapped out all of the cables, but we've also
purchased a new router, and switched from local internet service to cable
with absolutely no change in performance.

This would be fine if it were one computer but all of the computers seem to
crash simultaneously and we end up needing to unplug and replug in the router
to get it to work. We've made a whole variety of changes in regards to our
router setup etc, but I'm very convinced that the situation lies at the
computer level.

Thanks for any help!

  • ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ STATIC IP ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    ... setup rvl2 with dsl static ip ... static ip windows 23 server problems ... static network ip dynamic dhcp router ... setup linksys befvp41 static ip ...
    (sci.techniques.spectroscopy)
  • Re: Router setup inaccessable
    ... I got a Linksys BEFSR41 router. ... setup a number of times and looked through it. ... into use when I switched the cables. ... same HTML file I get an error saying the internet can't be found. ...
  • Re: Networking/Security Question...
    ... The router itself will be a Cisco 1721. ... >setup is very simple... ... XP sp2 having the firewall on by default. ... > # but deny established connections that don't have a dynamic rule. ...
    (freebsd-net)
  • Updated info
    ... We finally got the info from our DSL ISP to setup the router using the static ... Exception Details: System.UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path ... granting access rights to the resource to the ASP.NET request identity. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Adding site to Domain, question about configuring before deploy
    ... I have a remote access controller setup that allows me to attach ... to the console w/o the machine be attached to the network. ... >> showing different IP subnets and there will not be a router between them ...