Re: network drives drop

We have a domain running windows server 2003. We have a number of xp
computers, 2 of which we just replaced with vista 64 machines. The 2
Vista machines constantly lose thier network connectivity on a random
basis. The xp computers are not affected.

We tried the fix at Q297684, but it didn't help.

The interesting thing is that we are running virtual machines on both
vista systems. One with xp, the second with windows 98. The virtual
machines do not lose their network connectivity.

The computers cannot be logged back into the network until they are
rebooted. We get an error message that states "The system detected a
possible attempt to compromise security. Please ensure that you can
contact the server that authenticated you"

--
rustyc

  • Re: networking xp to vista
    ... My xp computer sees the vista and shows the C: ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ... put all computers in the same Workgroup. ...
  • Re: Installing drivers for networked Vista computer
    ...  She's running Vista. ... Configure firewalls on all machines to allow the Local Area Network ... With Windows Firewall, this means allowing File/Printer ... put all computers in the same Workgroup. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Did Microsoft break my network?
    ... It seems unlikely that a Windows update impacted all your XP and Vista PCs this way, but you could open System Restore and look at history on each computer without actually running a restore. ... What protocols and firewall settings did you change on the XP machines? ... the XP computers and access files in shared folders on the Vista machines. ... I could go to any of the computers and click on "Network" and see all five ...
  • RE: Windows 2000 Pro SP4, XP Home and Vissta Business 32
    ... user accounts and passwords on all machines. ... Passwords/accounts, it gets turned off in vista, but with 2000, you require ... ON (So it can see the other computers) ...
  • Authentification mystery - XP Pro SP3 + Vista Ult 64 SP1
    ... Same username and password for admin on all computers ... Private network and sharing turned on on Vista ... Explicit shares on the XP machines with complete rights for everyone ... File sharing runs fine from the XP machines to Vista; ...