Re: Shareing a printer 'Needs Driver"

If Lexmark does not have a Vista driver for that model, grab a new printer.

A workaround is to copy and paste from the Vista machine, the files you want
printed, to the XP machine, and print from it!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Ed H" wrote:

Thanks Mick. Seems a new printer will be in order. Finding that driver
hasn't been happening.

Thanks,
Ed H
--

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz

"Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
You have to download a Vista Compatible Printer Driver(your model number)
from the Lexmark site for your laptop

Go into Vista's Network and Sharing, and click "Add Network Device">
browse
to XP's Printer and take it from there for installation..
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Ed H" wrote:

Hey:

My dell desktop runs XP Home sp3 and has the software installed for our
Lexmark x-75 printer. I now network with our new Gateway notebook with
Vista
Home Premium SP1. I want to be able to print from the notebook but I keep
getting a message that says 'The Server for the 'Lexmark X74-75' printer
does not have the correct printer driver installed. . . ' I'm not sure
what
this means or how to rectify it or certainly I don't know which computer
needs the driver. Any help?

Thanks,
Ed H
--

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz
4.00 GB RAM
300 GB HDD

  • Re: Spooler SubSystem problems reinstalling Lexmark
    ... Since then printing with Lexmark, uninstalling, re-installing have all not worked or been aborted. ... Sometimes the installation process generates a Spooler SubSystem App Closed error message. ... I uninstalled Lexmark and followed the advice from the other posts especially Spooler SubSystem App with Alan Morris and Eddie. ... This Lexmark series doesn't support Vista and they don't even show X5260 on their website, just X5250 and X5270, although they don't provide Vista software for these either. ...
  • Re: Help I cant add my printer
    ... I know I can't change every opinion you have about Vista, ... Windows Printing Team ... Lexmark does have a paddle. ... Spooler subsystem app has encountered a problem and needs ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax)
  • Printing queue, printed document residual artifact, time to print (multiple query)
    ... Have a newHP computer with Vista Premium attached to a Lexmark X5150 all-in-one. ... When I print to the usb connected Lexmark using the Vista computer using IE7 or Office 2007 the document prints, and then remains as "document - deleting" in perpetuity. ... Printing to the Laserjet4P through the Lan from IE7 or Office 2007 results in the same problem, but can be cleared by using the Cancel Documents command in the Printers window, so I don't have to manually reset the printer. ...
  • Re: Vista Device Issues
    ... When I connected my Lexmark X6100 printer, Vista recognized it and even ... A second issue has arisen with my webcam, a Logitech Quickcam Pro 5000, ... For your Logitech webcam go to the Logitech website, and download Vista 32 compatible software which will presumably include the webcam control applet. ...
  • Re: Vista Duplex Print Issue with IE7
    ... However I will see about trying it with a different printer manufacturer, except everyone in our family has a Lexmark. ... on the Vista computer I cannot get duplex printing to work on anything I print from IE7. ... I am inclined to agree after comparing the configurations of the two computers. ...