Re: Shareing a printer 'Needs Driver"

If Lexmark does not have a Vista driver for that model, grab a new printer.

A workaround is to copy and paste from the Vista machine, the files you want
printed, to the XP machine, and print from it!
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Ed H" wrote:

Thanks Mick. Seems a new printer will be in order. Finding that driver
hasn't been happening.

Thanks,
Ed H
--

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz

"Mick Murphy" <MickMurphy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
You have to download a Vista Compatible Printer Driver(your model number)
from the Lexmark site for your laptop

Go into Vista's Network and Sharing, and click "Add Network Device">
browse
to XP's Printer and take it from there for installation..
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Ed H" wrote:

Hey:

My dell desktop runs XP Home sp3 and has the software installed for our
Lexmark x-75 printer. I now network with our new Gateway notebook with
Vista
Home Premium SP1. I want to be able to print from the notebook but I keep
getting a message that says 'The Server for the 'Lexmark X74-75' printer
does not have the correct printer driver installed. . . ' I'm not sure
what
this means or how to rectify it or certainly I don't know which computer
needs the driver. Any help?

Thanks,
Ed H
--