Re: Networking - Weird Bug

Now, as I mentioned previously, check your NetBIOS setting. Set it to
Enable NetBIOS over TCP/IP on all machines.
--

"tjasko5041" <tjasko5041@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yes, I just did.

And, it works fine.

Now, why isn't it putting this in the networking window....

"GTS" wrote:

Did you retry the >start \\###.###.###.### with correct syntax?
--

"tjasko5041" <tjasko5041@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Actually, I done that before. Does nothing for me. It isn't fixed.

Yeah, it's some weird error, isn't it?

I don't know what to do...

No sources online helped me. So, I think I'm stuck with it. :(

"GTS" wrote:

That's a very peculiar error. Try running the following command in an
elevated command prompt and rebooting. This rebuilds the TCP stack.
The
last part (iplog.txt) is optional - it creates a log of actions taken.
netsh int ip reset iplog.txt

--

"tjasko5041" <tjasko5041@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
C:\Users\Taylor Jasko>\\192.168.0.105
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Actually, I know netbios is enabled by default on this machine
(vista).
And, I'm pretty sure it's on the XPS's too...

The thing is, this worked when I first installed Vista... So, it's
not
my
network settings on my desktops, it's the settings on my laptop. I
could
install Vista on a separate partition, and see (it probably will) if
it'll
detect my XPS. It usually does.

"GTS" wrote:

You're welcome. That's helpful information. Since you can ping
the
XPS
by IP, it sounds like a likely name resolution problem. I suggest
next
you
open a command prompt and run this start \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where x
is
the
IP address of XPS. Please report the result. It should either
open
window showing it's shares or report an error. Please post the
result
including any error code.

If that does access the shares, I suggest you enable Net BIOS over
TCP/IP
on
all the machines (in the TCP properties of the connection) and then
retry
by
name.
--

"tjasko5041" <tjasko5041@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
Yes, I am able to connect the the wireless router and access the
internet
fine. No third party firewall. Actually, I just tried to ping my
XPS;
it
worked fine. Now, how do I get this to work... :)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Taylor Jasko

"GTS" wrote:

Are you able to connect to your wireless router and access the
Internet
through your wireless card?

Error 53 means the network path was not found. If your
connection
otherwise works, do you have a 3rd party firewall? If so, is it
properly
configured? Can you ping another machine on your network by
IP?

There are various possibilities but the starting point is to
report
whether
you have general connectivity.
--

"tjasko5041" <tjasko5041@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in
message
Hi Everyone,

I have one the strangest bugs ever created; and no one else
seems
get
it.
I cannot detect any (very very few; not even my XP Machines,
will
explain
soon) of my computers on any network (wireless) I connect to.
When I
installed Vista bare clean, it did detect my netword
computers,
even
the
XP
ones. But now, I feel like I should reinstall Vista. But, I
really
don't
want
to restore all (I have over 40gb) of my data. That would just
take
forever.
Is there anyway at all to restore ALL Vista's Networking
features/software
normal. Or back to default. I cannot restore using System
Restore. I
have
been having this for about a month now, and it really messes
me
up!
Over a
week of using it, I just cannot detect any of my Networks. I
can
in
Ubuntu;
but not in Vista (my primary OS). I really love Windows. But,
this
is
one
of
the worst glitches I have ever had with it.

Is it possible to reinstall Vista's Network and Sharing
Center? I
really
want to detect my XP machines again. You might say, install
LTDD
(??)
onto
the XP machines. Well, the problem is, it still does not work.
When
was
using this PC a while ago, they were detected fine. But now, I
cannot
find
any PC (hardly any; dunno why) on my network. This even
happens
at
my
Local
Library. My friend searched, and he found over 200. I found
only
5!
Wow,
something is wrong, and I really would appreciate it if anyone
would
help
me
fix this.

  • Re: Browstat.exe usage problems in Windows Vista Business
    ... Vista Business machine as well ... ... N' are bound - all machines. ... As for my preference for NetBEUI as a security solution being misplaced, ... Which is exactly what I'm trying to avoid - if Vista would network with XP ...
  • Re: Can connect to network, cannot see other computers
    ... Like many other new Vista x64 users, I'm able to connect to my home ... network XP Home and Vista with no problem. ... start by running the Network Setup Wizard on all machines (see ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ...
  • Re: share printer help needed
    ... But still have private network on new wireless laptop with vista and unable to get old desktop with xp connected with the laptop. ... xp network setup wizard sez: create a 3-1/2 floppydisk or use a Win xp cd and use on all machines. ... by 1) a misconfigured firewall or overlooked firewall (including a stateful ...
  • Re: redirection on network
    ... At least to my vista machines:( ... Maybe you have a share mapped from that servername called by that name ... When the Network icon is selected, ... all machines are on a DHCP network. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsce.embedded)
  • Re: Another XP SP2 Issue
    ... >But I was asking about the SMB settings. ... they work for me between machines in a workgroup (or between DOS ... particular network using port 445 from the private network (these machines are ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.dns)