Roaming profiles not saving to server

Hi all,

I have a small network with a Win2k3 server/domain, 2 XP PCs and 2 PCs with
Vista business 64. I'm not trying to use the same account on both a Vista and
XP PC.

Both the XP PCs accounts and PCs are working fine with roaming profiles
being copied to and from the server as expected. However, neither of the
Vista PCs are doing this properly.

The accounts are setup the same in AD with the user profile pointing to
\\servername\profiles\username, home directory pointing to
\\servername\username, folder redirection enabled for documents.

The profiles folder is shared with EVERYONE, SYSTEM and AUTHENTICATED USERS
having full control at the share level.

The profiles folder is permissioned the same way with USERNAME and
ADMINISTRATORS having full control on the profile or profile.V2 folders.

When a user first logs onto a PC his profile is created correctly on the PC
and saved back to the server on log off as expected. Everything will continue
working for a while then for no apparent reason, the profiles on the PCs will
stop writing back to the server.

The Vista users can browse to \\servername\profiles\username and
create/delete files to the permissions seem to be setup correctly.

I don't seem to be having any DNS issues as all PCs can resolve IPs to all
other PCs. Permissions for private user data and shared data areas are
working correctly. Web/network browsing is all working fine. In fact the
only problem I am experiencing is this one.

There are no errors being displayed and nothing obvious being logged in the
event viewer.

Please, any advise? I'm not getting anywhere with trying to fix this.

Thanks in advance

  • Apple and 64 bit apps‹the latest in this series
    ... 5.18% of the traffic to its Windows Update servers as coming from users ... of Windows Vista x64 this June, a year and a half after Vista went on ... the installed base and market ... tells us that 70% of new PCs are being sold to the enterprise, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Is anyone actually liking Vista yet - or is it still too soon!
    ... faster so that one doesn't notice the slowness of Vista those faster PCs ... Until very recently the power of PCs increased every year as ... Now, though, the speed at which chips ...
    (uk.comp.homebuilt)
  • Limited Internet connection (especially hotmail) with Windows XP
    ... I have 3 active PCs at home, two of them are running Vista (OS came ... start to experience some Internet connection problems with the XP ... Vista), both were working just fine with hotmail.com. ... If license key seem to be the issue, is there a way to fix ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: Vista exceeds Apples installed base in first five weeks of shipment!
    ... Windows Vista by announcing it now has shipped 60 million copies ... PCs (because some of the billion internet users access via mobile ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • RE: Continued Availability of Windows XP
    ... My organization is responsible for roughly 4000 of the roughly 12000 PCs ... Our corporate IT is pushing me to get to Vista. ... notation that the product keys are different than previous ones. ... What Dell will do is anybody's guess. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)