Ethernet connection between Vista/XP

I just got a new laptop that is running Vista Home Premium 32bit. I have
an old desktop that is running XP Service Pack 2.

I want to move some files off of the desktop onto my laptop using an
Ethernet cable, which I already have.

I don't want to use wireless and I don't intend to connect the two to
the Internet. I just want to move files.

Can someone please explain to me how I can set up a network between the
two of them?

Thanks.

--
Victory-Starr

  • Re: Microsoft Firewall vs ????
    ... I just got a new laptop a few days ago, running Vista Home Premium. ... I'd prefer to run a free firewall, ... Review your installed 3rd party software applications/utilities; ...
    (comp.security.firewalls)
  • Update KB954430 keeps appearing (Vista)
    ... Running Vista Home Premium SP1 on my laptop. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)
  • Re: Best way to move files from desktop to laptop?
    ... The desktop is running Windows XP Professional. ... The laptop is running Vista Home Premium. ... The fastest way is to remove the desktop drive and hook it up to the laptop via USB. ...
    (alt.sys.pc-clone.dell)
  • Windows Vista Email problems
    ... The laptop is running Vista Home Premium. ... other than removing all email virus protection which we've done. ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • CHKDSK Checker on start up.
    ... My laptop is newish. ... The model is Advent and I'm running Vista Home Premium. ... I only gets to the first stage and displayes someting along the lines ... Deleted corrupt entry ...