Re: all network adapters lost after installing Vista Update KB947562
- From: "Robert L. \(MS-MVP\)" <findemail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Date: Wed, 28 May 2008 08:28:43 -0500
Have you reset the wireless router?
Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on
"Bruce" <Bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:38404709-AF72-4C0B-9A26-CE0660235F04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have lost the ability to access the wireless adapter on my new vista
laptop, my new vista desktop network adapter, my HP printer network adapter,
and my wireless router. All have been working for months in all cases but the
laptop which is only a month old and working. After installing the above
mentioned Vista update on both machines I can now only access the internet by
hard wiring the cable modem to the desktop and having re-enabled the desktop
network card after restoring to a point before the Vista update installation.
However since I can not access the wireless router without being online with
it I can't fix the the other adapters. Obviously this is not hardware
specific nor is the IPv6 issue pertainent since it is enabled before the
latest update and worked just fine.
Solution needed. Thanks
- Prev by Date: Re: ICS problem with otherwise functioning network
- Next by Date: Re: Networking Indicates Failed
- Previous by thread: Re: ICS problem with otherwise functioning network
- Next by thread: Re: all network adapters lost after installing Vista Update KB9475