Re: all network adapters lost after installing Vista Update KB947562

Have you reset the wireless router?

"Bruce" <Bruce@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:38404709-AF72-4C0B-9A26-CE0660235F04@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
I have lost the ability to access the wireless adapter on my new vista
laptop, my new vista desktop network adapter, my HP printer network adapter,
and my wireless router. All have been working for months in all cases but the
laptop which is only a month old and working. After installing the above
mentioned Vista update on both machines I can now only access the internet by
hard wiring the cable modem to the desktop and having re-enabled the desktop
network card after restoring to a point before the Vista update installation.
However since I can not access the wireless router without being online with
it I can't fix the the other adapters. Obviously this is not hardware
specific nor is the IPv6 issue pertainent since it is enabled before the
latest update and worked just fine.
Solution needed. Thanks
Bruce

  • Re: renew IP fails after system restore
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... this stopped broken icon on network connection and it ... says connected but there is no access to the internet. ...
  • Re: WindowsServer 2003 has stopped taking connections from outside
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... our LAN can connect to the server. ...
  • Re: Hardwire remote desktop access through router?
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting on ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ... the router and to the internet without the ethernet cable. ...
  • Re: Trouble integrating existing SBS 2003 server into a home netwo
    ... let's look at that "wireless router" that was on the home network before ... What make/model is it and who is the Internet ... How to configure Internet access in Windows Small Business Server 2003 ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: No Sharing Tap in the Connection Properties
    ... Networking, Internet, Routing, VPN Troubleshooting onhttp://www.ChicagoTech.net ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access onhttp://www.HowToNetworking.com"buisa"; ... How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on ...