Re: sharing files in Vista

have you enable the file sharing? If, yes, can you ping each other by IP? If not, this how to may help.
Vista Network Sharing
How to share the Root Drive in Vista · How to share the Public in Windows Vista · Understand Network Location Types · Vista simple file sharing ...
www.howtonetworking.com/vista/networksharing.htm

"k0bra666" <k0bra666@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:AACB385B-2733-436E-ACD3-EF7D5B89515A@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Hello,
I hope you can help me. I am a novice with computers and I am having problems
setting up a home network. I have two notebooks running Vista.One of them is
cabled to a
wireless router. I can access the internet without any problems on my
notebooks through the router,
But I need to share files between these two notebooks and I can`t.One of the
network is named Casa and the wireless network has been named Jose.Both of
them are in the same Workgroup.Someone can help me? How I share files between
them??Thank you for your response.

  • RE: Remote Access
    ... sure how it works if there is a mixture of OSon a workgrouup network. ... there is a Home OS on a Workgroup, that Simple File Sharing has to be used as ... the face of shares and resources on stand alone workstantions. ... privleges the Guest Account provides, ...
  • Re: Networking with XP and VISTA
    ... Despite running network setup etc. on both new Vista PC and the base PC the Vista PC is unable to access the network for file sharing, ... Problems sharing files between computers on a network are generally caused by 1) a misconfigured firewall; or 2) inadvertently running two firewalls such as the built-in Windows Firewall and a third-party firewall; and/or 3) not having identical user accounts and passwords on all Workgroup machines; 4) trying to create shares where the operating system does not permit it. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)
  • Re: Cannot access share (error 5)
    ... "Chuck" wrote: ... Ran Network setup wizard on both machines (connect to internet ... I can access the laptop shares through the desktop & get the error ... If XP Pro, is Simple File Sharing enabled, or if Advanced File Sharing, are you ...