Re: Home networking problem

Try both password protected and not protected sharing on the Vista
machine. Be sure something is shared on the Vista machine. Be sure that
whatever it is is shared to everyone. Be sure all machines are in the
same workgroup. Turn all third party firewalls off temporarily.

--
Zdon

::::[image:
http://homepage.mac.com/donv1/.Pictures/Vista/VistaTVF.jpg]
::::

  • XP machine drops network connection to Vista machine
    ... It is on the 'workgroup' workgroup. ... At first I thought it was a sharing issue when I could not print from the XP machine to the printer on the Vista machine. ... I know that is my printing issue because if I try and print something when the connection is not working, it will not print and then as soon as I do step 5 it starts printing the document on its own. ... My McAfee firewall is turned off Windows Firewall is on ...
  • Re: File reading across network (windows)
    ... On Aug 12, 8:48 am, "Prof. William Battersea" ... Suppose I have a Vista machine called VISTA and an XP machine called ... XP in a workgroup named WORKGROUP. ... Does the remote folder require authentication? ...
    (comp.lang.python)
  • Re: sharing printer attched to x64 Vista machine with x86 XP machine
    ... Would this be easier if I upgraded the Vista machine to Windows 7? ... I haven't set a username and password on the x64 machine. ... Also if you have left your Vista workgroup name as default you will need to change the workgroup name on the XP machine to "Workgroup" under My Computer/Properties/network ID. ...
  • Re: Joined Vista machine to domain, now cannot log in with XP
    ... When you joined the Vista machine as the same name, ... You could now rename the Vista machine (it will also be renamed on the ... two steps even though it will say you need to reboot after moving it into ... a workgroup, but you will have to reboot it after joining the domain). ...
  • XP machine cant see Vista machine on wireless network
    ... The Vista machine has no ... When I click on "View workgroup computers" on the XP machine I ... have permission to use this network resource. ...