Re: Vista fails to get IP from router

Yes, it's the right link. Follow the instructions to start an elevated command prompt then type in those commands. They will disable some of the advanced networking features in Vista. These advanced features are not compatible with some NICs, switches, routers, etc. It's a troubleshooting step to eliminate this being the source of the problem.

--
Kerry Brown
http://www.vistahelp.ca/phpBB2/