Re: Is the LLTD responder required on XP SP3

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:09:58 -0700, Bill wrote:

Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

It would be nice to have at least a second source though.

Well, I am not an authoritative source but I can say that LLTD did not
appear in the list for any network connection on any of my three XP SP3
machines. After following the manual install instruction LLTD did
appear on the network connections on all three XP SP3 machines.

Bill,

that would be an indication, but the question remains whether
the LLTD function was there even though LLTD was not explicitly
visible. The real question is whether a Vista PC can see XP SP3
PCs in its network map without the manual LLTD installation.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.

  • Re: Is the LLTD responder required on XP SP3
    ... of you say (a bit like the cisco CDP but simpler) but certain ppl when ... slipstream SP3 and do a clean install suddenly find themselfs lost itn ... the utterness idiocracy of whomever put the sp3 together in first place. ... Please if anyone is havig isues resoving or wants to have lltd working ...
  • Re: Is the LLTD responder required on XP SP3
    ... I am not an authoritative source but I can say that LLTD did not ... appear in the list for any network connection on any of my three XP SP3 ... appear on the network connections on all three XP SP3 machines. ...
  • Link-Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) Responder problem with SP3
    ... I have a problem with SP3 involving the Link-Layer Topology Discovery (LLTD) ... applied SP3 everything worked normally. ... This enables the XP machine to appear on ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.general)