Re: Is the LLTD responder required on XP SP3

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 11:09:58 -0700, Bill wrote:

Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

It would be nice to have at least a second source though.

Well, I am not an authoritative source but I can say that LLTD did not
appear in the list for any network connection on any of my three XP SP3
machines. After following the manual install instruction LLTD did
appear on the network connections on all three XP SP3 machines.

Bill,

that would be an indication, but the question remains whether
the LLTD function was there even though LLTD was not explicitly
visible. The real question is whether a Vista PC can see XP SP3
PCs in its network map without the manual LLTD installation.

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.
.