PC to PC

I can't link up my XP to my Vista Home Premium computer. All service packs installed. Each computer can see the other but I can't access the XP's shared folder. I am using cross over USB cable and have installed drivers for same.

I get message trying to access my XP from my Vista pc - "folder is not accessible. You may not have permission to use this network resource." "Not enough server storage to process this command"

I have granted access on the XP to share this folder.

Is there a simple, 1,2,3 step by step process to ensure that I have met all necessary criteria to make a pc to pc connection?

Many thanks

  • Re: Vista cannot delete read-only files
    ... i made this folder in 32 bit ... vista home premium with the name of alt+255 and an invisible file icon, ... Once you get this sorted out, download and install ... With TrueCrypt you can create ...
  • Re: Vista cannot delete read-only files
    ... vista home premium with the name of alt+255 and an invisible file icon, ... was using it to hide titty pics (pardon the expression, ... In the future, hide them in a compressed folder, then rename the folder to an unknown extension. ...
  • Inability to open Favorites on an XP Solved
    ... I have a new Dell desktop with ... Vista Home Premium SP1 with Workgroups changed to MSHOME to match ... Vista Networking and Sharing Control ... Favorites folder and under properties chose Sharing and selected option ...
  • Vista Vs. XP: why 100GB vs. 25GB?
    ... I just got a new HP Vista Home Premium computer. ... Defraggler and Norton Ghost indicated that 25GB was the size of the ... What can be bloating up this new Vista machine? ...
  • Re: searching for file contents with Vista is a nightmare
    ... It works for me like you describe in your first paragraph, except you don't have to right-click and select Search, just type what you're looking for in the search box... ... Vista Home Premium 32 SP1 ... hit search, then choose "a word or phrase in the file", and my ... make sure folder is indexed ...