Re: XP Vista Network

On Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:49:01 -0700, Rockabilly Rios wrote:

New Developtment: I just happened to disconnect my computers from the
internet (still connected to router though)...and low and behold, I could
share files between computers!

How did you do that? If disconnecting the router from its
Internet connection prevents the attached computers from
communicating then that casts a lot of doubt on the router. Try
a different one.

What kind of router is that? Don't say Linksys. (:-)

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.

  • Re: Wireless Laptop connections dropping intermittently
    ... trying to type my response in, because my connection keeps dropping. ... > You state that the Internet drops but you are connected. ... > problem but that the Connection is lost between the computer and the> Router. ... and see how the computers behave under such> conditions. ...
  • Re: Urgent! New router and big disaster
    ... First Page of the Internet Connection Wizard, ... Next I Select a local router device with an ip address. ... You should give your SBS a fixed external address so you can forward ports ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.sbs)
  • Re: Is it practicable to share an internet connection w/o setting up a network?
    ... If I set each PC up into its own domain, am I doing this in the router ... I understand enough about the cable connection to know that you can't ... security of the internet packets between our computers that wouldn't ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Slow Internet Connection Sharing
    ... Router between the Modem and Computer. ... Internet Connection Sharing. ... can you log into Hotmail and Messenger? ...
  • Re: Networking two computers
    ... then each computer is connected to the router. ... but I cannot share files between the two computers. ... >connect to the internet? ... >your internet connection come from the wall per se" into ...