Re: Is the LLTD responder required on XP SP3

On Fri, 20 Jun 2008 12:03:51 -0700, Bill wrote:

Hans-Georg Michna wrote:

The real question is whether a Vista PC can see XP SP3
PCs in its network map without the manual LLTD installation.

In my case the answer is no. The Vista PC did not show any of the XP
PCs in its full map view until I performed the manual LLTD install on
the XP PCs. After installing LLTD on one XP PC I opened the full map in
Vista and that one XP PC was displayed. The other two were not. I then
installed LLTD on the other two, opend the full map view and all three
XP PCs were displayed.

Bill,

well, that sounds pretty convincing.

So we conclude fairly firmly that Service Pack 3 does not
contain the LLTD function.

Thanks for the good information!

Hans-Georg
--
No mail, please.

  • Re: Is the LLTD responder required on XP SP3
    ... PCs in its network map without the manual LLTD installation. ...
  • Re: Is the LLTD responder required on XP SP3
    ... PCs in its network map without the manual LLTD installation. ... The Vista PC did not show any of the XP ...
  • Re: Is the LLTD responder required on XP SP3
    ... PCs in its network map without the manual LLTD installation. ...
  • Re: cant browse entire domain
    ... >> explorer in chicago you cant see the PCs in california ... >> all PCs in the other. ... >> I can map to drives to PCs in the other site using IP ...
    (microsoft.public.windows.server.dns)
  • Re: Map a Drive to Itself?
    ... You should be able to map it but a better way is the subst command. ... We have about 5 PCs in our office. ... We need to map the PC with the shared C drive as drive letter ...