RE: Vista 64 Bit to 32 Bit Shared Network

No!
You do not have a Server/Client setup on your computer!
You have 2 partitions,
2 Operating Systems, and you will be dual booting!
There is no way around it!
You boot into 1 or the other.
All your software has to be installed on both OSs (such as Office, Adobe,
flash, etc)
They are totally indepentent of each other..

--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Imnotatechie2ru" wrote:

Hi Mick,

Is there any way around that?

The licensing on some software only allows it on one computer.

Would a Shared Network not give me access to the software installed on my
other OS on my computer?

Imnotatechie2ru

"Mick Murphy" wrote:

You have to have the Software Programs installed on both operating Systems.
--
Mick Murphy - Qld - Australia

"Imnotatechie2ru" wrote:

Hi,

I recently purchased a Vista 32 Bit Home Premium operating system on a new
Dell computer. It was much faster than my old XP but some of my multi-media
software would still freeze on me.

So I purchased a 64 Bit Vista operating system. I now have both the 32 Bit
Vista and the 64 Bit Vista installed on my new Dell computer. But I can only
log into one operating system at a time.

But after getting all of that set up I am seeing that the available memory
on my 64 Bit Vista hovers between 40% to 65% compared to my 32 Bit Vista
which hovers between 75% to 100%. So I am expecting more software freezes and
other such problems from the 64 Bit OS.

I have ordered additional memory and hopefully that will help.

But in case it does not do that much I am hoping that I can create a Shared
Network between the two operating systems and that I would then be able to
access my software that is installed on my 64 Bit OS from my 32 Bit OS and
visa versa.

On my 64 Bit Vista - My Drive L is my 32 Bit Vista's C Drive. The Main drive
on my 64 Bit Vista is C of course.

On my 32 Bit Vista - My Drive D is my 64 Bit Vista's C Drive. Drive C is my
32 Bit Vista's main drive (which is Drive L on my 64 Bit Vista).

So my question is, how would I set up a Shared Network between the two
operating systems so that I could access the software that resides on one OS
from the other OS?

Any help would be appreciated from anyone who can wrap their head around all
this :-)

Thanks,

  • Re: Vista banned by the Feds?
    ... deploy Windows Vista for the time being. ... People are able to use the operating systems ... responsibility of the National Security Agency and the Central ... The Information Assurance mission provides the solutions, products, ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: Transferring Win2000 to a new computer
    ... You can install 32-bit operating systems on most 64-bit processors. ... This is done everyday with 32-bit XP and Vista versions, many are installed on 64-bit processors. ... No different for Windows 2000, it should run fine as long as you have the proper drivers for the hardware, that is usually the stumbling block, not the 64-bit processors. ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.general)
  • Re: Article: 30 Days with Windows Vista
    ... The move from Windows 98 to 2000 brought ... operating systems with poor security, ... Both of my machines I upgraded to Vista have been ... weakness in that it cannot support it all *well*. ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: removing windows boot manager
    ... You can do it in msconfig or by deselecting the "Display list of operating systems for..." ... corresponding Vista entry is already deleted and all you want to do is have no boot menu show at startup? ... Sure was I formatted the partition where Vista was installed :-) Here's the boot.ini. ... From the information that I have found all over the web, some of which made no sense at all, I have four solutions that seem to be the most plausible but I have no Vista installation to test so you will have to do the testing for us. ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics)
  • Re: Article: 30 Days with Windows Vista
    ... The move from Windows 98 to 2000 brought ... operating systems with poor security, ... Similarly configured Macs and Win machines tend to cost roughly the same ... Both of my machines I upgraded to Vista have been ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)