Re: HP Printer and networking

Thanks Malke. Once I get it going it is fine when I leave it on. But I found out the problem was I needed to go into the printer folder check 'Print online'. It keeps unchecking itself. ???
--

Windows Vista Home Premium 64-BIT SP1
Intel Core 2 Duo CPU T5550 @ 1.83GHz

"Malke" <malke@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:%23LNQxeKxIHA.576@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Ed H wrote:

I thought all was well. I have a desktop Win XP Sp3) and a notebook (Win
Vista x64 Sp1) and an HP C6280 printer working through a router. Both
computers will print just fine but after I turn the printer on after being
down, the Vista machine lists the the printer as offline and I can't get
it to 'refresh' to see that the printer is on. Documents just sit in the
queue. Nothing seems to work short of uninstall/install.

What happens if you leave the printer on? I never turn mine off.

Malke
Elephant Boy Computers
www.elephantboycomputers.com
Don't Panic!