RE: Cannot ping with IPv6

Firstly I ran (in PowerShell):
netsh interface ipv6 teredo show state

This gave me information on the state of Teredo (which was inactive because
of an error). I re-enabled Teredo using the disable/set commands with the
entrepriseclient option, followed by:
netsh interface ipv6 reset

After a restart (not sure this was necessary) everything seemed to work
fairly well. I could ping IPv6 servers and view IPv6 websites (only some
however, but I believe this limitation is due to the MS Teredo server).

I later found out that it is impossible to get it working on XP with my
network configuration, since my router has a symmetric NAT and the version of
Teredo for XP does not support symmetric NATs (Vista has partial support for
symmetric NATs).

Not sure how common this problem is, but I only found it documented
(inconclusively) on one web page after much searching. Hopefully this
solution will help some of you trying to get IPv6 working on Vista...

  • Re: MS Peer-to-peer over dialup and/or VPN
    ... Hi Glenn, ... You should say to teredo to not detect the type of network as managed. ... netsh interface ipv6 set teredo enterpriseclient ... > Hi Softer, ...
  • Re: MS Peer-to-peer over dialup and/or VPN
    ... Hi Glenn, ... You should say to teredo to not detect the type of network as managed. ... netsh interface ipv6 set teredo enterpriseclient ... > Hi Softer, ...
  • Re: P2P Teredo - how to configure?
    ... > shows as Symmetric NAT. ... > How to configure teredo to simulate somehow a NAT on user computer to ... The gateway must support Teredo for this to work, ... The P2P SDK is designed to be used with an internet connection, ...