Re: 169 IP conflict on wireless!

Make sure you have the correct security settings on your router, and
copy them correctly to your Vista computer. I have had Vista accept
incorrect WEP keys with no connection errors, but then display "local
only" for network status. Only afterwards did i look and find a
169.x.x.x address. After verifying the correct WEP key, it connected
with no issues. This was at a customer's house with a netgear rangemax
router, and they had the wrong key copied down. That is the only time I
have seen what you described. I assume you are on Vista?

--
bad_the_ba

  • Re: 169 IP conflict on wireless!
    ... copy them correctly to your Vista computer. ... incorrect WEP keys with no connection errors, ... router, and they had the wrong key copied down. ...
  • Re: wireless homenetwork connection error
    ... router does not connect to a DNS, ... directly into my (vista ultimate based) computer, ... share the connecttion wireless into the rest of my house. ...
    (alt.internet.wireless)
  • Re: Vista laptop/XP Desktop printer sharing
    ... and a Netgear Print Server that links ... If you have successfully printed to this printer over your network ... Vista network map. ... I updated the firmware on the Linksys WTR54G router to the latest available, ...
  • Re: Cant get wireless laptop to connect
    ... Not even when I plug it straight into the router! ... diagnose it I get this message: "Wireless association failed because Windows ... there was no network to connect to. ... I have a new Windows Vista PC and using the Internet Explorer, ...
  • Re: Vista crashing the entire network?
    ... problems and over half the computers are wireless. ... We've been trying to shout out what everyone has been doing when the internet ... map in Vista, that would be the only compatibility issue. ... these diagnostic tests to see if your router is compatible with windows. ...