Re: 169 IP conflict on wireless!

Make sure you have the correct security settings on your router, and
copy them correctly to your Vista computer. I have had Vista accept
incorrect WEP keys with no connection errors, but then display "local
only" for network status. Only afterwards did i look and find a
169.x.x.x address. After verifying the correct WEP key, it connected
with no issues. This was at a customer's house with a netgear rangemax
router, and they had the wrong key copied down. That is the only time I
have seen what you described. I assume you are on Vista?

--
bad_the_ba
.