Re: vista connection problems

For troubleshooting, start the Vista with clean boot.
Windows general
How to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows Safe Mode with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort programs in Start ...
www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/windowsgeneral.htm

"poypoy" <poypoy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message news:E56DBB7D-AD1D-4E0F-A67B-5E734B6432C2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
greetings to all,

i have a vista deskop connected to the internet via lan->access point->router.
the problem that i encountered recently is that i cant connect to yahoo
messenger and cabal online launcher. i also cant update windows defender and
nod32. but i can surf the net.
windows defender gave me the error code :80072EFE which is the firewall
thingy. i tried turning the firewall Off but still cant connect.

here's more.. i tried this last night. i installed Virtual pc from microsoft
and installed a virtual windows XP on it. i tried yahoo messenger and its
working. it connects.

i hope you guys can solve my problem. i really love vista. i dont want to
uninstall it

  • What Does It Take to Get a PC With XP?
    ... I won't waste time rehashing the argument over whether Windows Vista ... that virtually every copy of Vista Business or Vista Ultimate Edition ... machines doesn't mean that its employees understand that policy. ...
    (misc.consumers)
  • APPLE-SA-2012-05-15-1 QuickTime 7.7.2
    ... Windows 7, Vista, XP SP2 or later ... Viewing a maliciously crafted movie file may lead to an ...
    (Bugtraq)
  • Re: List of Applications Not Compatible with Leopard
    ... If there is an equal on Windows I truly would love to know about ... program on the Plasq frontpage was clearly taken on Vista. ... the product is on both Windows and Mac. ... hardware than Vista works on PC hardware is hardly "silly". ...
    (comp.sys.mac.advocacy)
  • Re: OS/2 mentioned in a Vista review
    ... You can also install it in a classic way in 2K (and XP, and 2003 and Vista) by ... That may be a good basis of comparison for you, but to someone who is already displeased with the previous standard of operation of Windows, what should that mean? ... It can be done on XP or OS/2, ... Consider: full-screen apps. ...
    (comp.os.os2.misc)
  • Re: I cant install critical updates
    ... I resolved error message problem from Vista Security Center by uninstalling and reinstalling Antivir. ... How it comes I can't either manage to install manually failing updates? ... Be sure to obtain the correct version for Windows x86. ... Windows Update Agent File Versions: ...
    (microsoft.public.windowsupdate)