Re: Delayed network connection on boot - Clean install

With respect Robert, your post isnt excatly helpful. I have started my
machine in safe mode...but this doesnt really allow me to discover the issue
unless I have an general idea of what the issue actually is..which at this
stage I dont.

In safe mode, the machine reacts exactly the same way in does in normal
mode. Again, I totally have no idea what the issue might be.

Brant

"Robert L. (MS-MVP)" wrote:

For troubleshooting, start the computer with clean boot.
Windows general
How to run Windows OS with a clean boot · How to Run Windows Safe Mode
with Networking · How to setup DHCP for IP Phone How to sort programs in
Start ...
www.howtonetworking.com/Windows/windowsgeneral.htm

"BrantRaven" <BrantRaven@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I decide to re-baseline my desktop home system with a fresh install of
Windows Vista Ultimate. Everything seemed to install correctly. Vista
picked
up most of the drivers and I was able to supply the ones it didn’t.

After setup and re-boot, I noticed that the desktop/sidebar appears
reasonably fast, after which there is a delay of about a minute with some
disk activity during which the Network icon in System Tray has a red X.
After
about a minute or so, there is a great deal of disk activity (the system
seems to be paging). The delay continues further until finally the yellow
exclamation symbol appears, quickly followed by the globe icon. The system
then functions as normal.

The delay can be anywhere between 1-3 minutes. My motherboard has 3
network
connections; 1 direct connection to my NAS server, 1 to the ADSL modem, 1
wireless.

I have spent the last 2 days trying to resolve this issue, so any help
would
be greatly appreciated.

Brant

  • Re: Documents and Programs slow to open by double clicking icon.
    ... been a mistake because XP Pro came with the laptop. ... Windows right off the Dell CD that came with the laptop. ... network so we took it back off the domain and I'm on a workgroup now. ... from a command prompt it loads the file without delay ...
  • Re: slow access to networked computer
    ... Sorry for such a delay, but I finally managed to use your advise and check ... I have only two computers left on my network. ... the other Windows XP Home SP 2. ... >>opens fast, but its folders still with noticeable delay. ...
  • WAWXP Problem
    ... I'm having a Wierd Ass Windows XP Problem that I can't seem to ... there is long delay that was never ... I have other computers on my network ... Adaware, Panda Activescan, Microsoft Live, Zonealarm). ...
    (alt.os.windows-xp)
  • Re: Why the delay after connecting to VPN?
    ... > Make sure you install/enable the DHCP Relay Agent on the Windows 2003 ... > RRAS server to get your WINS/DNS server addresses passed to your VPN ... >>I presume this has something to do with network browsing. ... >>I can do to eliminate the delay? ...
  • long in password
    ... I cannot log in to a computer using windows 2000 any ... user with my computer's user name so we could network. ... I have tried every combination of user names and passwords ... There is no option for Safe ...
    (microsoft.public.win2000.security)