Re: Networking - Weird Bug

That's a very peculiar error. Try running the following command in an
elevated command prompt and rebooting. This rebuilds the TCP stack. The
last part (iplog.txt) is optional - it creates a log of actions taken.
netsh int ip reset iplog.txt

--

"tjasko5041" <tjasko5041@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
C:\Users\Taylor Jasko>\\192.168.0.105
The filename, directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect.

Actually, I know netbios is enabled by default on this machine (vista).
And, I'm pretty sure it's on the XPS's too...

The thing is, this worked when I first installed Vista... So, it's not my
network settings on my desktops, it's the settings on my laptop. I could
install Vista on a separate partition, and see (it probably will) if it'll
detect my XPS. It usually does.

"GTS" wrote:

You're welcome. That's helpful information. Since you can ping the
XPS
by IP, it sounds like a likely name resolution problem. I suggest next
you
open a command prompt and run this start \\xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx where x is
the
IP address of XPS. Please report the result. It should either open a
window showing it's shares or report an error. Please post the result
including any error code.

If that does access the shares, I suggest you enable Net BIOS over TCP/IP
on
all the machines (in the TCP properties of the connection) and then retry
by
name.
--

"tjasko5041" <tjasko5041@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Yes, I am able to connect the the wireless router and access the
internet
fine. No third party firewall. Actually, I just tried to ping my XPS;
it
worked fine. Now, how do I get this to work... :)

THANKS FOR YOUR HELP!

Taylor Jasko

"GTS" wrote:

Are you able to connect to your wireless router and access the
Internet
through your wireless card?

Error 53 means the network path was not found. If your connection
otherwise works, do you have a 3rd party firewall? If so, is it
properly
configured? Can you ping another machine on your network by IP?

There are various possibilities but the starting point is to report
whether
you have general connectivity.
--

"tjasko5041" <tjasko5041@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote in message
Hi Everyone,

I have one the strangest bugs ever created; and no one else seems to
get
it.
I cannot detect any (very very few; not even my XP Machines, will
explain
soon) of my computers on any network (wireless) I connect to. When I
installed Vista bare clean, it did detect my netword computers, even
the
XP
ones. But now, I feel like I should reinstall Vista. But, I really
don't
want
to restore all (I have over 40gb) of my data. That would just take
forever.
Is there anyway at all to restore ALL Vista's Networking
features/software
normal. Or back to default. I cannot restore using System Restore. I
have
been having this for about a month now, and it really messes me up!
Over a
week of using it, I just cannot detect any of my Networks. I can in
Ubuntu;
but not in Vista (my primary OS). I really love Windows. But, this
is
one
of
the worst glitches I have ever had with it.

Is it possible to reinstall Vista's Network and Sharing Center? I
really
want to detect my XP machines again. You might say, install LTDD
(??)
onto
the XP machines. Well, the problem is, it still does not work. When
was
using this PC a while ago, they were detected fine. But now, I
cannot
find
any PC (hardly any; dunno why) on my network. This even happens at
my
Local
Library. My friend searched, and he found over 200. I found only 5!
Wow,
something is wrong, and I really would appreciate it if anyone would
help
me
fix this.

.